05-27-2016, 12:05 AM #1
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As the title says, what is the best cfw for a nand ps3?

If any of you are wondering... Yes its an original 60gb model Winky Winky
05-27-2016, 03:55 AM #2
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by ninja58 View Post
As the title says, what is the best cfw for a nand ps3?

If any of you are wondering... Yes its an original 60gb model Winky Winky

Doesn't matter if it's nand or nor. Not really a best, that's opinion. But I would recommend either a Rebug or ITA and converting to DEX.
05-27-2016, 11:33 AM #3
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Doesn't matter if it's nand or nor. Not really a best, that's opinion. But I would recommend either a Rebug or ITA and converting to DEX.

Cheers mate, It's on Rebug and converted to dex... I was only wondering due to some feature's freezing it in rebug like the soft reboot and hard reboot :/ cheers though!
05-27-2016, 12:32 PM #4
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Cheers mate, It's on Rebug and converted to dex... I was only wondering due to some feature's freezing it in rebug like the soft reboot and hard reboot :/ cheers though!

Did you fix that issue?
06-01-2016, 02:57 AM #5
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Did you fix that issue?

I haven't no. I think this is something to do with the NAND model PS3's not being able to do it from rebug.
06-01-2016, 03:08 AM #6
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
I haven't no. I think this is something to do with the NAND model PS3's not being able to do it from rebug.

Probably a software issue, what version of Rebug are you on?
06-01-2016, 10:41 AM #7
ymh
Treasure hunter
Probably a software issue, what version of Rebug are you on?

gotta say i use to have a nand ps3 and i never had the freeze issue, but i used a dex mfw made from 4.21 dex ofw but in the end it run the same as ITA but without the issue where os3 would have a fit if you didn't go back to 3.55 and sen enabler has always worked not sure what they did with the ITA patches cause my MFW never did that but anyways, only MFW i made from a OFW patch i bricked the console twice making it perfect but in the end 4.21 was a pain cause i had to 4.21 fix games and some homebrew alot and was quite inconvenient but i liked the old xmb more but anyways off topic if i was him i'd go with 4.70 - 4.80 rebug or 4.50 - 4.75 ITA, though like i said never had soft or hard reboot issues, only time i had issues like that was with my slim when the ribion cord was stuffed but he has a nand ps3 so i doubt its the panel lol, like you said software for sure.
06-01-2016, 10:49 AM #8
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Xanpi View Post
gotta say i use to have a nand ps3 and i never had the freeze issue, but i used a dex mfw made from 4.21 dex ofw but in the end it run the same as ITA but without the issue where os3 would have a fit if you didn't go back to 3.55 and sen enabler has always worked not sure what they did with the ITA patches cause my MFW never did that but anyways, only MFW i made from a OFW patch i bricked the console twice making it perfect but in the end 4.21 was a pain cause i had to 4.21 fix games and some homebrew alot and was quite inconvenient but i liked the old xmb more but anyways off topic if i was him i'd go with 4.70 - 4.80 rebug or 4.50 - 4.75 ITA, though like i said never had soft or hard reboot issues, only time i had issues like that was with my slim when the ribion cord was stuffed but he has a nand ps3 so i doubt its the panel lol, like you said software for sure.

Using MFW would be a cause of laggy or buggy CFWs. They aren't reliable, I'd use trusted CFWs such as ITA or Rebug.
06-01-2016, 10:57 AM #9
ymh
Treasure hunter
Using MFW would be a cause of laggy or buggy CFWs. They aren't reliable, I'd use trusted CFWs such as ITA or Rebug.

like i said i bricked twice making it perfect(good enough for me), the 4.21 ITA was quite buggy for me so i made my own using dex ofw, but i would never recommend it as getting it right as i found out took more than mfw builder, but i never suggested that, i never would. known CFW's such as ITA or REBUG, ITA found in the past has been more stable but with 4.78 REBUG i found it was quite stable as well and from what ive seen from 4.80 it was stable too
06-01-2016, 11:00 AM #10
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Xanpi View Post
like i said i bricked twice making it perfect(good enough for me), the 4.21 ITA was quite buggy for me so i made my own using dex ofw, but i would never recommend it as getting it right as i found out took more than mfw builder, but i never suggested that, i never would. known CFW's such as ITA or REBUG, ITA found in the past has been more stable but with 4.78 REBUG i found it was quite stable as well and from what ive seen from 4.80 it was stable too

Anything 4.50+ ITA or Rebug should be pretty stable for the most part. Anything before that of course will be buggy. But what CFW are you currently on?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo