09-12-2016, 09:03 AM #1
sixpax
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I wanted to find something out that has been bothering me for at-least 1 hour, is it possible to have dual targets under debugging station? Reasons of me asking this question is because I have a wifi/ethernet setup to my ps3 for using rtm tools, now I went and made a different connection with my wifi adapter by bridging connections to utilize the 5ghz speed through ethernet so I followed everything to a ''T'' on how to proceed with the correct assessment on configuring everything to run properly on my ps3 and pc, so upon trying to connect the tools, tmapi would let me connect yet everything looks fine as far as the debugger reading the eboot correctly and target manager connected properly all settings checked from pc to the ps3, now while running a tool again I noticed that the previous target that was made using wifi was trying to connect, could it be possible there is a conflict that is not letting me attach the tool? if so how can I assess this with out deleting that target and keeping the bridged target on the same folder without conflicting one another?
Last edited by sixpax ; 09-12-2016 at 09:15 AM.
09-12-2016, 04:13 PM #2
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by sixpax View Post
I wanted to find something out that has been bothering me for at-least 1 hour, is it possible to have dual targets under debugging station? Reasons of me asking this question is because I have a wifi/ethernet setup to my ps3 for using rtm tools, now I went and made a different connection with my wifi adapter by bridging connections to utilize the 5ghz speed through ethernet so I followed everything to a ''T'' on how to proceed with the correct assessment on configuring everything to run properly on my ps3 and pc, so upon trying to connect the tools, tmapi would let me connect yet everything looks fine as far as the debugger reading the eboot correctly and target manager connected properly all settings checked from pc to the ps3, now while running a tool again I noticed that the previous target that was made using wifi was trying to connect, could it be possible there is a conflict that is not letting me attach the tool? if so how can I assess this with out deleting that target and keeping the bridged target on the same folder without conflicting one another?

Not 100% sure, but it could be auto connecting to first target. Probably best not to have multiple. You can try to cancel it connecting and then connect the one you want. It could be interfering. Other than that not much else you can do but delete the target.
09-12-2016, 05:08 PM #3
sixpax
Do a barrel roll!
Yes I did connect to the new bridged target perfectly fine, it is when I am running any rtm tool that the other target that I first made is trying to connect, so running the tool became null with a error popup.
09-12-2016, 05:37 PM #4
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Why dont you just run a vm ?
09-12-2016, 05:53 PM #5
sixpax
Do a barrel roll!
the laptop I have my tools setup on is a separate entity from my personal laptop for the family, this one is more asserted to running my tools and such to play around with, it wouldn't be strong enough to withstand high capacity software/apps like vmware.
I was thinking of maybe dual booting, rather if I could possibly find a solution instead of going that route and just use the free space for more tools I think it would be more logical in that sense.
09-12-2016, 09:21 PM #6
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Youd have to do some testing but I don't think you can really do what you are wanting
09-12-2016, 09:35 PM #7
Originally posted by sixpax View Post
I wanted to find something out that has been bothering me for at-least 1 hour, is it possible to have dual targets under debugging station? Reasons of me asking this question is because I have a wifi/ethernet setup to my ps3 for using rtm tools, now I went and made a different connection with my wifi adapter by bridging connections to utilize the 5ghz speed through ethernet so I followed everything to a ''T'' on how to proceed with the correct assessment on configuring everything to run properly on my ps3 and pc, so upon trying to connect the tools, tmapi would let me connect yet everything looks fine as far as the debugger reading the eboot correctly and target manager connected properly all settings checked from pc to the ps3, now while running a tool again I noticed that the previous target that was made using wifi was trying to connect, could it be possible there is a conflict that is not letting me attach the tool? if so how can I assess this with out deleting that target and keeping the bridged target on the same folder without conflicting one another?

These tools usually connect to the default target. Set your other console as the default console and it'll work for that one, you'd have to keep switching back and forth though, you can make it so you can select a target rather than going with the default but that'd require editing some .dlls or making your own app.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo