Post: What firmware are users on that are experiencing ip bans?
01-12-2017, 10:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have noticed that all users i have heard of getting ip bans are on firmwares lower than Rebug 4.81.1. This may just be a coincidence or i am not hearing of users on 4.81.1 or 4.81.2 getting ip banned but it's worth everyone discussing this and letting everyone else know what firmware they're on and whether or not they have had any ip bans. Some users i know who were on older firmwares that have been ip banned more than once have updated their firmware and are yet to get banned.
If anyone is going to update and test this out then remember that ccapi is not yet compatible with the above firmwares and will no longer work, also if your cid is set through ccapi make a note of it and remove it from boot with ccapi before updating, or it will conflict with other homebrews if you try to change it in the future whilst ccapi is still not compatible. When you want to input your cid back on your console after updating then use Webman and save the settings.
01-13-2017, 11:40 PM #11
Daized
Bounty hunter
4.78 rb dex - banned random (twice today!) pulling own id's. Stumped
01-14-2017, 06:55 PM #12
Daized
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by FireMaggot View Post
4.70 - no ban / no vpn - could this just be network issues Sony side rather then ip bans themselves , think about it , ip ban dynamic - reset back online , it's not really stopping anyone is it .

Sony has also stated its network related error - nothing about a ip ban.

I know people who don't mod - don't cheat or use modded accounts and they also have had this so called ban.

I am surprised that one person starts something and the whole world jumps to think it's a ban with out any real proof -

Yep. I've been ''banned'' on my legit ps3 too, just the so called IP ban (not ip just a mac reset) but all relating to gta... when I sign into ps4 get a brief error then sign back in & all ok... can see the ps4 being banned for no reason or just playing gta. If they go on like this I'm out it's a joke I understand that they've got to be seen to be doing something but they're kinda taking the piss a bit.
01-14-2017, 07:14 PM #13
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
IP ban? How is that an effective way to keep CFW users off PSN? It's way too easy to change your IP especially if you have a dynamic IP.
01-14-2017, 07:50 PM #14
Awky
Banned
I'm on 4.80 DEX
01-14-2017, 08:32 PM #15
CGQuinn
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Awky View Post
I'm on 4.80 DEX

4.80.1 dex (rebug)
01-15-2017, 02:16 AM #16
Kronos
Former Staff
im on 4.78 and havent had a ban yet
01-15-2017, 08:29 AM #17
Wild Bill
Pokemon Trainer
I have two consoles, one on 4.76 & 4.80, neither have been IP banned, nor console banned. It's most likely the games they've been modding to get banned. Sony checks into that stuff!
01-15-2017, 04:04 PM #18
Daized
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Wild
I have two consoles, one on 4.76 & 4.80, neither have been IP banned, nor console banned. It's most likely the games they've been modding to get banned. Sony checks into that stuff!

yeah from what the chatlog that's about said that's about right. They're just reading back & no point in hiding (Ninja or whatever) they'll pick that up quicker than pack data. So will just have to see how long the id's last at the mo just seems random. Still seems like a weird move temp bans on mac address's etc just plain weird
01-17-2017, 11:34 PM #19
I haven't experienced an IP ban but I am currently in search of a new CID as I am CID banned at the moment . I didn't know they were handing out IP bans lol .

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo