Post: What firmware are users on that are experiencing ip bans?
01-12-2017, 10:37 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have noticed that all users i have heard of getting ip bans are on firmwares lower than Rebug 4.81.1. This may just be a coincidence or i am not hearing of users on 4.81.1 or 4.81.2 getting ip banned but it's worth everyone discussing this and letting everyone else know what firmware they're on and whether or not they have had any ip bans. Some users i know who were on older firmwares that have been ip banned more than once have updated their firmware and are yet to get banned.
If anyone is going to update and test this out then remember that ccapi is not yet compatible with the above firmwares and will no longer work, also if your cid is set through ccapi make a note of it and remove it from boot with ccapi before updating, or it will conflict with other homebrews if you try to change it in the future whilst ccapi is still not compatible. When you want to input your cid back on your console after updating then use Webman and save the settings.
01-12-2017, 10:53 PM #2
TER152
Do a barrel roll!
Rebug 4.76
01-12-2017, 11:11 PM #3
Originally posted by TER152 View Post
Rebug 4.76

Have you been playing online regularly and experienced any ip bans?
01-13-2017, 01:39 AM #4
MexiMoDz
Do a barrel roll!
4.78 Rebug.
I have had sign in probs (ip Ban) 2 times
01-13-2017, 02:05 AM #5
TER152
Do a barrel roll!
past 2 days played gta v and got ip banned like 6 times used vpn
01-13-2017, 02:55 AM #6
im on 4.80.1 and got ip banned like 3 times already,son done with psn and gonna move on if this continues
01-13-2017, 04:20 AM #7
FireMaggot
D E F I A N C E - SPRX
4.70 - no ban / no vpn - could this just be network issues Sony side rather then ip bans themselves , think about it , ip ban dynamic - reset back online , it's not really stopping anyone is it .

Sony has also stated its network related error - nothing about a ip ban.

I know people who don't mod - don't cheat or use modded accounts and they also have had this so called ban.

I am surprised that one person starts something and the whole world jumps to think it's a ban with out any real proof -
01-13-2017, 08:22 AM #8
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by FireMaggot View Post
4.70 - no ban / no vpn - could this just be network issues Sony side rather then ip bans themselves , think about it , ip ban dynamic - reset back online , it's not really stopping anyone is it .

I know people who don't mod - don't cheat or use modded accounts and they also have had this so called ban.

I am surprised that one person starts something and the whole world jumps to think it's a ban with out any real proof -

If you look around - someone showed a screenshot whilst on live chat with PSN. The advisor said it was an IP Ban.
01-13-2017, 11:23 AM #9
Originally posted by FireMaggot View Post

I thought users were getting messages about ip bans while logging into the Sony website?
01-13-2017, 09:44 PM #10
CGQuinn
Bounty hunter
i got a CID ban and I'm on 4.80.1 rebug ( DEX )

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo