01-13-2017, 01:44 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 1. Is it worth it? 75$ for it he's asking
2. What to look for?
3. He said it doesn't have any files on it to mod games now.
4. Could someone help me out and get things started if I buy it?
01-13-2017, 01:56 AM #2
Kam
Investor - Future Millionaire
Originally posted by Ngujeff View Post
1. Is it worth it? 75$ for it he's asking
2. What to look for?

There has to be something wrong with it if it is for $75. Look for the firmware on it. If it is already jailbroken, look for an Install Package Files of some sort. Try inserting a disc to see if it can read them fine. If the system information on it says Firmware: 4.81, look for Install Package Files under the Game tab of the XMB. If it's not there, then it's not jailbroken.
01-13-2017, 05:00 AM #3
2. What to look for?

Along with what Kam said, check to see if a custom boot logo shows. Check to see if ip address text shows at bottom right corner. Check for debug settings. Ask for the model code. $75 sounds like a really big scam, or the guy is very ignorant on pricing, as it cost me $220 just for a 3.55 OFW!
01-13-2017, 05:09 AM #4
2. What to look for?

You can buy mine if interested.
01-13-2017, 01:46 PM #5
Originally posted by Maniacal
You can buy mine if interested.

This one is right here in town.
01-13-2017, 01:49 PM #6
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Along with what Kam said, check to see if a custom boot logo shows. Check to see if ip address text shows at bottom right corner. Check for debug settings. Ask for the model code. $75 sounds like a really big scam, or the guy is very ignorant on pricing, as it cost me $220 just for a 3.55 OFW!

Thanks for the info I appreciate it I will check it for the following.
Originally posted by Kam View Post
There has to be something wrong with it if it is for $75. Look for the firmware on it. If it is already jailbroken, look for an Install Package Files of some sort. Try inserting a disc to see if it can read them fine. If the system information on it says Firmware: 4.81, look for Install Package Files under the Game tab of the XMB. If it's not there, then it's not jailbroken.

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure why he only wants 75$ for it but on Craigslist that's what people seem to want around here is 75-100$. I will check what you suggested aswell.
01-13-2017, 09:44 PM #7
CGQuinn
Bounty hunter
75$ is an amazing price
01-13-2017, 11:16 PM #8
Thanks for the info I appreciate it I will check it for the following.

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure why he only wants 75$ for it but on Craigslist that's what people seem to want around here is 75-100$. I will check what you suggested aswell.

I mean, $75 is a steal. it's possible the guy doesn't know what jb ps3's go for, but much more likely that there's some defect to it.
01-17-2017, 11:52 PM #9
about 2 years ago I bought a second PS3 for 50$ and it still OFW lower than 3.55 on it lol , the guy never updated it and had it since new and barely used it. I took it home and put rogero on it. after about 6 months I got banned lol .
01-18-2017, 02:02 AM #10
Kronos
Former Staff
2. What to look for?

i mean if its for 75 bucks i would go for it, just make sure its not a dodgy deal or a scam, as these lower price PS3s tend to be. but if its a fully woking and nothing wrong wth it PS3 for 75 bucks then go for it lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo