01-15-2017, 05:05 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Can anyone tell me what pirating games/movies is and if I use the jailbroken ps3 just to mod games that I have on disk is it illegal? Canadas laws are more strict and before I buy a jailbroken ps3 or jailbreak it myself I want to know if modding GTA bo2 etc with the disc is illegal?
01-15-2017, 07:25 AM #2
Originally posted by xXD34DxS4MUR4IX View Post
Can anyone tell me what pirating games/movies is and if I use the jailbroken ps3 just to mod games that I have on disk is it illegal? Canadas laws are more strict and before I buy a jailbroken ps3 or jailbreak it myself I want to know if modding GTA bo2 etc with the disc is illegal?

Jailbreaking is perfectly legal. Your device was made to do certain things, you have every right to unlock those features. However, it is against the PSN Terms of Service so you will be able to play online and connect to PSN But with a chance of ban. As long as you are not pirating games then you have done nothing illegal. It's legal to jailbreak any device you own for whatever reason you want. As with anything though, a civil lawsuit is always a possibility. Realistically though you have nothing to worry about. It's not a crime and Sony won't sue you.

But i would check within your laws on jail breaking

The following user thanked TheMightyMoJo for this useful post:

Dro
01-15-2017, 08:16 AM #3
In russia you can have troubles if you installing RGH on another's xbox 360 for getting money because you break several laws related to information security, seriously. It happens very rarely, but it's more than real.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo