01-16-2017, 04:30 AM #1
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've created a debug eboot and copied it over to /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30758/USRDIR. In target manager I open kernel and it shows no process while in-game. I even created a debug eboot for the game and placed it in /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30758-[Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR. I just can't debug this game for some reason. Any idea what the problem is?
01-16-2017, 05:08 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Legended View Post
I've created a debug eboot and copied it over to /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30758/USRDIR. In target manager I open kernel and it shows no process while in-game. I even created a debug eboot for the game and placed it in /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30758-[Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR. I just can't debug this game for some reason. Any idea what the problem is?

Have you installed prodg debugger?
01-16-2017, 05:38 AM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
I've created a debug eboot and copied it over to /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30758/USRDIR. In target manager I open kernel and it shows no process while in-game. I even created a debug eboot for the game and placed it in /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30758-[Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR. I just can't debug this game for some reason. Any idea what the problem is?

u need TMAPI, Etc u have these?
01-16-2017, 06:07 AM #4
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Have you installed prodg debugger?

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
u need TMAPI, Etc u have these?

Yes, I have Target Manager and ProD Debbuger. I can debug every game with no issue except for RDR:GOTY. I have no clue why. I've tried deleting and reinstalling update 1.01, but still can't get the process to run in the debugger. It just doesn't show up. Maybe I can upload you guys the default and debug eboot so you guys can check it out?
01-16-2017, 06:09 AM #5
Kronos
Former Staff
Yes, I have Target Manager and ProD Debbuger. I can debug every game with no issue except for RDR:GOTY. I have no clue why. I've tried deleting and reinstalling update 1.01, but still can't get the process to run in the debugger. It just doesn't show up. Maybe I can upload you guys the default and debug eboot so you guys can check it out?

are u sure its a debug eboot? i dont have the game so i dont know
01-16-2017, 06:16 AM #6
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
I'm almost positive it's a debug eboot. I use TrueAncestor and make_fself. After making the debug eboot I double check with true ancestor and it doesn't let me decrypt it via CEX CFW, only DEX OFW.
You must login or register to view this content.
01-16-2017, 06:37 AM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3

I notice they have a RDR2.self file with the eboot..
Debugging rdr2.self into an .elf file and then make_fself.exe RDR2.elf EBOOT.BIN will give you your new debug eboot for this type of situation.

the result is this You must login or register to view this content.

Let us know how it goes.
01-16-2017, 06:45 AM #8
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
I notice they have a RDR2.self file with the eboot..
Debugging rdr2.self into an .elf file and then make_fself.exe RDR2.elf EBOOT.BIN will give you your new debug eboot for this type of situation.

the result is this You must login or register to view this content.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks a ton! I'll give a try right now and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: I replaced the eboot with the one you made. When I booted up the game I got this error, "A problem was found with your game data. Reinstalling Red Dead Redemption". This might have been a result of me tampering with the .rpf files. Anyways, while it reinstalling game data I checked target manager and kernel explorer recognized the process!

ProDG Debbuger is also working too! Claps

Thanks again. I'll have to keep an eye out for the .self for now on.
Last edited by Legended ; 01-16-2017 at 06:59 AM.
01-16-2017, 06:51 AM #9
Dro
i<3myPs3
Thanks a ton! I'll give a try right now and let you know how it goes.

yea and forgot to mention, you want to keep the original RDR2.self but make the debugged version of it (the one provided above) the main eboot. delete or remove the original main eboot.
01-16-2017, 07:01 AM #10
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
yea and forgot to mention, you want to keep the original RDR2.self but make the debugged version of it (the one provided above) the main eboot. delete or remove the original main eboot.

Thanks again. I edited my post above with the result, by the way.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo