01-19-2017, 03:06 AM #1
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); When I get online and play it may play for 45 mins then just shuts off. No temp warnings of any sort. Its not over heating. Its just dies no blinking lights or anything. When it dies the red light will not come back on at all unless I pull the power cord and keep it removed for about ,30 seconds. Then when I plug the wire back in the console powers right back on again working for a little under an hours time. What could be causing this issue? Its not overheating the last time it didn't it I powered it right back on and checked the tempature and it was 50c and 51c that's ,120 f and 121f no where near hot enough to be causing it to power off like this. Any suggestions from the details I'm giving that you think could be causing this issue.
01-19-2017, 03:47 AM #2
Originally posted by DSKMODZ View Post
When I get online and play it may play for 45 mins then just shuts off. No temp warnings of any sort. Its not over heating. Its just dies no blinking lights or anything. When it dies the red light will not come back on at all unless I pull the power cord and keep it removed for about ,30 seconds. Then when I plug the wire back in the console powers right back on again working for a little under an hours time. What could be causing this issue? Its not overheating the last time it didn't it I powered it right back on and checked the tempature and it was 50c and 51c that's ,120 f and 121f no where near hot enough to be causing it to power off like this. Any suggestions from the details I'm giving that you think could be causing this issue.

Could be the thermal paste going bad maybe hmmm
01-19-2017, 05:21 AM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
When I get online and play it may play for 45 mins then just shuts off. No temp warnings of any sort. Its not over heating. Its just dies no blinking lights or anything. When it dies the red light will not come back on at all unless I pull the power cord and keep it removed for about ,30 seconds. Then when I plug the wire back in the console powers right back on again working for a little under an hours time. What could be causing this issue? Its not overheating the last time it didn't it I powered it right back on and checked the tempature and it was 50c and 51c that's ,120 f and 121f no where near hot enough to be causing it to power off like this. Any suggestions from the details I'm giving that you think could be causing this issue.

Whether or not it is an overheating issue, im not sure. And by overheating, I mean damages done by overheating. Once a console overheats to the point of ylod, that's it, it may not be overheating anymore but it will be suffering the damages because it did.
In which case, you could change thermal paste and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out, the console will need a reflow, a reball, or to be replaced.

Youll have to keep watching it or messing with it to find out for sure if it is hardware or software related, maybe find some progress in longer runs times after changing the thermal paste, or try reinstalling your cfw or changing out your hdd to rule out some things..
Last edited by Dro ; 01-19-2017 at 06:00 AM.
01-19-2017, 05:24 AM #4
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
now can I swap the hdd out of a ofw ps3 and will it still have rebug on it and be jailbroken or is the hdd what holds all the cfw information and files?
01-19-2017, 05:39 AM #5
Legended
S.P.E.C.I.A.L

Those temps are really good. I don't suspect the CPU or GPU overheating. Maybe the PSU or the HDD is the issue. If you have a spare 2.5" HDD try that out for a while.
01-19-2017, 06:01 AM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
now can I swap the hdd out of a ofw ps3 and will it still have rebug on it and be jailbroken or is the hdd what holds all the cfw information and files?

it will format the hdd and wipe everything, games/saves etc, and may remove the current firmware, in which case you just reinstall it through usb when it prompts you to.
Last edited by Dro ; 01-19-2017 at 06:05 AM.
01-19-2017, 09:36 PM #7
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
it will format the hdd and wipe everything, games/saves etc, and may remove the current firmware, in which case you just reinstall it through usb when it prompts you to.

that doesnt really make sense that it will remove the firmware, whats the point of using a flasher then if it removes the firmware because then cants i put any firmware on it if theres nothing on it?
01-19-2017, 10:10 PM #8
Dro
i<3myPs3
that doesnt really make sense that it will remove the firmware, whats the point of using a flasher then if it removes the firmware because then cants i put any firmware on it if theres nothing on it?

Your console has already been flashed and and you are sitting on cfw. The only way you can re-lock your flash memory (so to speak) would be to install an official sony firmware higher than 3.55. As long as you dont do that, you will still be jailbroken. It will still allow you to install a downgrader, or reinstall your cfw after you format the hdd.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo