03-01-2017, 06:37 PM #1
yan040714
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My phat ps3 powers off and flashes the red light after 20 minutes just on the xmb and whilst on call of dutys and GTA it powers off within 60 seconds , I don't know what's causing this and I don't know how to fix.
03-01-2017, 08:12 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by yan040714 View Post
My phat ps3 powers off and flashes the red light after 20 minutes just on the xmb and whilst on call of dutys and GTA it powers off within 60 seconds , I don't know what's causing this and I don't know how to fix.

Are you running on a normal console, or are you on a CFW?
03-01-2017, 08:14 PM #3
yan040714
Save Point
Rebug cfw
03-01-2017, 10:33 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
My phat ps3 powers off and flashes the red light after 20 minutes just on the xmb and whilst on call of dutys and GTA it powers off within 60 seconds , I don't know what's causing this and I don't know how to fix.

Sounds like it has overheated man..ylod

You can try to change the thermal paste and hope the best. If it doesn't work out, the console will need a reflow, a reball, or to be replaced.

GL!
Last edited by Dro ; 03-02-2017 at 02:44 AM.
03-16-2017, 04:16 PM #5
Flatracer
Bounty hunter

Sounds like a YLOD (Yellow Light of Dead).

Your console overheated. This caused the CELL or RSX to let off from the Mainboard.

You have to let your console get reballed or atleast reflown to work properly again.

If it is the first time this happened you can try to replace the old thermal paste with new one. Also you can try to tighten the screws (which hold the Heatsink again the CELL & RSX) a bit more, but these are just temporary "solutions".
03-16-2017, 04:58 PM #6
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Sounds like it has overheated man..ylod

You can try to change the thermal paste and hope the best. If it doesn't work out, the console will need a reflow, a reball, or to be replaced.

GL!

Swear you just copy and paste this exact post... hmm Kappa

But yeh op try this first (replace the paste), if not weigh up which will cost you more to do Smile

Good luck.

The following user thanked Sparrow for this useful post:

Dro
03-19-2017, 05:01 AM #7

Replace your thermal paste. Had the same problem and it was solved. Fuck me in my asshole

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo