03-14-2017, 02:59 AM #1
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have a ofw console and a cfw console. I want to put the ofw HDD in the cfw console and the cfw HDD in the ofw console. What is needed to do this? Is there anything that needs to be done to the ofw HDD before putting into the cfw console and what all do I need to do once the ofw HDD is in the cfw console?
03-14-2017, 03:23 AM #2
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by DSKMODZ View Post
I have a ofw console and a cfw console. I want to put the ofw HDD in the cfw console and the cfw HDD in the ofw console. What is needed to do this? Is there anything that needs to be done to the ofw HDD before putting into the cfw console and what all do I need to do once the ofw HDD is in the cfw console?

i think u can just swap them, they should say u need to format them to work.

The following user thanked Kronos for this useful post:

JonasMartins
03-14-2017, 11:03 PM #3
Python
Bebe Snek
I have a ofw console and a cfw console. I want to put the ofw HDD in the cfw console and the cfw HDD in the ofw console. What is needed to do this? Is there anything that needs to be done to the ofw HDD before putting into the cfw console and what all do I need to do once the ofw HDD is in the cfw console?

You should be fine. I've done plenty of Hard Drive swaps and I've never had any problems :3
03-17-2017, 06:19 AM #4
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
So swap and nothing more I'll be fine? Or do I need the latest cfw firmware on a USB?
03-18-2017, 07:37 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
So swap and nothing more I'll be fine? Or do I need the latest cfw firmware on a USB?

Please make sure to quote the user so they could receive a notification from you. In addition, I have moved your thread over to PS3 Mods Questions and Inquiries.
03-28-2017, 12:42 PM #6
so could i technically could get all my psn games on my cfw???
03-28-2017, 01:16 PM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
To clear this up, you CAN swap the hdds, but changing the current hdd of a ps3 will ask you to mandatory format the new hdd when you start the ps3..so any games/saves/all data you have on the new hdd will be wiped.

but yea,
Then you simply reinstall your cfw and you have a fresh ps3..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo