03-26-2017, 11:29 PM #1
Pinkulo
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, newbie to the forums. *I am looking for any info on the GLOD on my FAT PS3. Just got it, was on 4.8 and I hooked it up to the network, it downloaded 4.8.1 then restarted and never came back on...I have tried:

resetting the video settings...nothing on the screen
Getting into safe mode...nothing on the screen
Removed the hard drive and boot...nothing on the screen

The HDD light only blinks once when starting it up, the fan runs, it accepts discs, acts all normal, but no display, no video, no safe mode, no ask if I want hdmi...nothing.

Any bonafide fixes?
03-26-2017, 11:46 PM #2
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Pinkulo View Post
Hi guys, newbie to the forums. *I am looking for any info on the GLOD on my FAT PS3. Just got it, was on 4.8 and I hooked it up to the network, it downloaded 4.8.1 then restarted and never came back on...I have tried:

resetting the video settings...nothing on the screen
Getting into safe mode...nothing on the screen
Removed the hard drive and boot...nothing on the screen

The HDD light only blinks once when starting it up, the fan runs, it accepts discs, acts all normal, but no display, no video, no safe mode, no ask if I want hdmi...nothing.

Any bonafide fixes?

Did you solder anything to the board?
03-27-2017, 12:25 AM #3
Pinkulo
Save Point
Sorry didn't quote.
Last edited by Pinkulo ; 03-27-2017 at 12:29 AM.
03-27-2017, 12:26 AM #4
Pinkulo
Save Point
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
Did you solder anything to the board?

Nope, nothing added to the board.
03-27-2017, 12:39 AM #5
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Nope, nothing added to the board.

Has it at least been opened up?
03-27-2017, 01:18 AM #6
Pinkulo
Save Point
Has it at least been opened up?

The only time I opened it was to realign the disc drive. It worked then, so I did nothing else. After it updated to 4.8.1, i did not open it again. I read about the YLOD but this didn't seem to be the same.

Edit...now I think what you might be getting at, maybe I do need to check the board out, I didn't actually see the board itself. Too nervous to go there I guess. I'll check. One note though, before I realigned the drive, as soon as I got it, I reset it to Factory settings, so I don't think it was jail broke.
Last edited by Pinkulo ; 03-27-2017 at 01:29 AM.
03-27-2017, 03:18 PM #7
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
The only time I opened it was to realign the disc drive. It worked then, so I did nothing else. After it updated to 4.8.1, i did not open it again. I read about the YLOD but this didn't seem to be the same.

Edit...now I think what you might be getting at, maybe I do need to check the board out, I didn't actually see the board itself. Too nervous to go there I guess. I'll check. One note though, before I realigned the drive, as soon as I got it, I reset it to Factory settings, so I don't think it was jail broke.

Lemme guess, is it the PS3 model where the disc drive is on top of the clip you use connect the drive to the board? If not Im not really sure :/
I had the GLOD on a PS3 I was downgrading and I fixed it but you couldnt Emulate, run homebrew or read discs...So I just gave up on it as I didn't want to pay for a new disc drive :P (That models logic board is on the disc drive)
03-27-2017, 03:30 PM #8
Pinkulo
Save Point
Lemme guess, is it the PS3 model where the disc drive is on top of the clip you use connect the drive to the board? If not Im not really sure :/
I had the GLOD on a PS3 I was downgrading and I fixed it but you couldnt Emulate, run homebrew or read discs...So I just gave up on it as I didn't want to pay for a new disc drive :P (That models logic board is on the disc drive)

I know there is a small board on the back of the disk drive, but not the main board and the power clip is on the side of the drive. Its the 20GB launch model
03-27-2017, 03:36 PM #9
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
I know there is a small board on the back of the disk drive, but not the main board and the power clip is on the side of the drive. Its the 20GB launch model

Well im out of ideas, good luck on you journey to fixing it. I hate the GLOD and to help people (if you do find out how to fix it) post a helpful tutorial on how you fixed it just help those who are seeking the same answers you are Smile
03-27-2017, 05:01 PM #10
Pinkulo
Save Point
Well im out of ideas, good luck on you journey to fixing it. I hate the GLOD and to help people (if you do find out how to fix it) post a helpful tutorial on how you fixed it just help those who are seeking the same answers you are Smile

Thanks Anyway!

The following user thanked Pinkulo for this useful post:

MessinBound

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo