Post: Has anyone modified the jb console? Making it cooler?
03-30-2017, 02:52 AM #1
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Has anyone drilled holes in the outter case above the fan? Did this help cool it? Has anyone went as fat as adding an extra fan on to the outside of the case like a 120mm fan and if so how did you power the fan? I have seen people and mods that put a chip inside the ps3 and plug where the fan does and then the fan plugs in the chip aka ezchill i think has anyone spliced and fan directly into the fan wires and did it work or has anyone made a usb plug and ran it off the usb port from the ps3? Im attempting the usb idea right now i will update everyone on the outcome results and possibly post a picture if end result isnt to haggard
03-30-2017, 12:44 PM #2
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by DSKMODZ View Post
Has anyone drilled holes in the outter case above the fan? Did this help cool it? Has anyone went as fat as adding an extra fan on to the outside of the case like a 120mm fan and if so how did you power the fan? I have seen people and mods that put a chip inside the ps3 and plug where the fan does and then the fan plugs in the chip aka ezchill i think has anyone spliced and fan directly into the fan wires and did it work or has anyone made a usb plug and ran it off the usb port from the ps3? Im attempting the usb idea right now i will update everyone on the outcome results and possibly post a picture if end result isnt to haggard

I havent seen much done to a fat ps3, but i have seen some cool set up for the Slim including holes right over the fan for better cooling
04-01-2017, 10:11 PM #3
Has anyone drilled holes in the outter case above the fan? Did this help cool it? Has anyone went as fat as adding an extra fan on to the outside of the case like a 120mm fan and if so how did you power the fan? I have seen people and mods that put a chip inside the ps3 and plug where the fan does and then the fan plugs in the chip aka ezchill i think has anyone spliced and fan directly into the fan wires and did it work or has anyone made a usb plug and ran it off the usb port from the ps3? Im attempting the usb idea right now i will update everyone on the outcome results and possibly post a picture if end result isnt to haggard

I would just drill the holes or leave the top off.
04-02-2017, 05:20 AM #4
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
Yeah i cut out a complete circle where fan is and mounted a 120mm insignia fan powered by multiple 9v batteries works fucking awesone lmg u want pics?
04-02-2017, 05:25 AM #5
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
I dont got final results just the mock up and trial run heres the pic. You must login or register to view this content.
04-05-2017, 01:25 AM #6
DSKMODZ
Bounty hunter
This is how i currently am running it until i get dremel to finish making mounting plate. You must login or register to view this content.
04-05-2017, 10:42 PM #7
Zsantaclaws
Bounty hunter
This is how i currently am running it until i get dremel to finish making mounting plate. You must login or register to view this content.

Well my PS3 is water cooled. Which doesn't give me any heat problems at all I can send you a video for making water cooling for PS3 but it will cost ya!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo