04-12-2017, 07:51 PM #1
iDon
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, ive had this old fat ps3 for a while. It has no working BluRay drive and I was able to downgrade it and jailbroke it, but at the time I didn't kno much about the noBD patch. So I must of put an update or CFW that didn't have the noBD patch and now it get stuck at the previous installation failed, and it goes to 51% and then i get the an error has occured during the update operation (8002F14E) message.

now I had this for a while like I said, and I just now pulled it out because I want to give it some use. Anything I can do? mi have searched and found nothing. Any suggestions would be gladly nappreciated.

I don't remember what DEX CFW I had it on before I put the CFW or update without the noBD patch, but I do know it was on dex. I tried making a CEX 4.78.2 Rebug with noBD patch, but it wont even let me go into recovery mode to install it. When I try recovery mode it still goes to the 51% loop again and then the (8002F14E) message.
04-13-2017, 10:45 PM #2
iDon
I’m too L33T
anybody?
04-13-2017, 10:54 PM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by iDon View Post
Hey guys, ive had this old fat ps3 for a while. It has no working BluRay drive and I was able to downgrade it and jailbroke it, but at the time I didn't kno much about the noBD patch. So I must of put an update or CFW that didn't have the noBD patch and now it get stuck at the previous installation failed, and it goes to 51% and then i get the an error has occured during the update operation (8002F14E) message.

now I had this for a while like I said, and I just now pulled it out because I want to give it some use. Anything I can do? mi have searched and found nothing. Any suggestions would be gladly nappreciated.

I don't remember what DEX CFW I had it on before I put the CFW or update without the noBD patch, but I do know it was on dex. I tried making a CEX 4.78.2 Rebug with noBD patch, but it wont even let me go into recovery mode to install it. When I try recovery mode it still goes to the 51% loop again and then the (8002F14E) message.

Are you saying it's stuck in the loop every time you start the console, even when you go to recovery mode, or do you mean it gets stuck only when you try to install an update?
04-13-2017, 10:56 PM #4
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Are you saying it's stuck in the loop every time you start the console, or do you mean only when you try to install an update?

every time istart the console. cant get into recovery mode, same loop starts again and then that error message I provided above.
04-13-2017, 11:01 PM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
every time istart the console. cant get into recovery mode, same loop starts again and then that error message I provided above.

You can:
Insert a new hard drive and start fresh after the reformat..

or

you can try to start the console without the hdd and you should get a black screen that says "the console cannot start. the appropriate system storage cannot be found"
turn off the console, reinstall the hdd and try to start the console again.

if that doesn't work, try pulling the power plug from the console while the console is starting up, to trigger restore file system
reinstall the power plug, power on your console and it should either be normal again or restore file system screen (or "this system was shut off incorrectly" screen) will come up.

if that doesn't work, try pulling the hdd out while the console is starting up. (although i don't really want to recommend something like this..)

let us know how it goes.
Last edited by Dro ; 04-13-2017 at 11:05 PM.
04-13-2017, 11:04 PM #6
iDon
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Dro View Post
You can:
Insert a new hard drive and start fresh after the reformat..

or

you can try to start the console without the hdd and you should get a black screen that says "the console cannot start. the appropriate system storage cannot be found"

if that doesn't work, try pulling the power plug from the console while the console is starting up, to trigger restore file system
reinstall the power plug, power on your console and it should either be normal again or restore file system screen will come up.

if that doesn't work, try pulling the hdd out while the console is starting up. (although i don't really want to recommend something like this..)

let us know how it goes.

if I insert a new HDD what cfw would I be installing then? do you have skype?
04-13-2017, 11:14 PM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
if I insert a new HDD what cfw would I be installing then? do you have skype?

I have skype but I barely use it..you can pm me and ill add you if you want.

You should be able to use this downgrader You must login or register to view this content.

Then install a (NObd) cfw of your choice I guess.. I'm fortunate enough to not have had to use Nobd stuff, but for a brief moment..so I probably couldn't help with much passed that.
04-14-2017, 10:03 PM #8
iDon
I’m too L33T
Anybody else? Dro helped me out but we couldn't figure it out. I formatted one HDD in my pc and put it back on the ps3. Theres a message sayin the system software cannot be run correctly. press the ps button to try to restart the system.

if the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the system storage must be formatted and you must reinstall the system software. connect storage media that constains update data of version 1.97 or later and bla bla bla.

Now I already tried 9.99_MLT_3.55_NoBD_PS3UPDAT and it gave me the update loop again. What CFW is safe to put now? I removed the BD because it doesn't work, hence that's why I need noBD patch. Anybody? Thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo