Post: What's the differences between EBOOT.BIN ELFS and SELFS
04-20-2017, 04:02 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was wondering if someone could explain to me what an EBOOT, ELF and SELF are.

How they are different, how they are used together, have read some stuff about EBOOTS being encrypted, so also information on decrypting them, why they're encrypted. Have seen something on resigning etc???

Some places say an EBOOT.BIN is a game executable and others say that a .SELF or .ELF are the PS3 equivalent of executables.

I would like something fairly in depth covering how they work together with key differences so people can understand them apart.

Would be good for SEO as well seeings as many of the top results for these being searched are questions on other forums with no clear and correct answer.

Cheers dudes
04-20-2017, 04:57 AM #2
When creating a PS3 application, your code is compiled to an ELF, you must sign the executable to run it on PS3, using make_fself or make_fself_npdrm we can fake sign these executables, after doing so the output will be a SELF file.
SELF and BIN are equivalent.

EBOOT.BIN is the first program that gets executed when you launch a game, I believe.

The following user thanked John for this useful post:

Kexploit
04-21-2017, 07:06 PM #3
Originally posted by John View Post
When creating a PS3 application, your code is compiled to an ELF, you must sign the executable to run it on PS3, using make_fself or make_fself_npdrm we can fake sign these executables, after doing so the output will be a SELF file.
SELF and BIN are equivalent.

EBOOT.BIN is the first program that gets executed when you launch a game, I believe.

Thank you for the compact but useful explanation John, appreciate it <3
04-24-2017, 08:13 AM #4
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Felipe View Post
I was wondering if someone could explain to me what an EBOOT, ELF and SELF are.

How they are different, how they are used together, have read some stuff about EBOOTS being encrypted, so also information on decrypting them, why they're encrypted. Have seen something on resigning etc???

Some places say an EBOOT.BIN is a game executable and others say that a .SELF or .ELF are the PS3 equivalent of executables.

I would like something fairly in depth covering how they work together with key differences so people can understand them apart.

Would be good for SEO as well seeings as many of the top results for these being searched are questions on other forums with no clear and correct answer.

Cheers dudes

the ELF is the decompiled version of a bin yes like John was saying, its the elf that we make all the modifications on then we compile it or whatever to a bin so that it will run on the PS3.

need help with anything else?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo