04-24-2017, 07:40 PM #1
TLDAVIES
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi. I need advise on how to fix a ps3 where it boots up and asks to restore file system and after that it just goes to a black screen. Alternatively on safe mode I try and do system update but each time it freezes and every other option doesn't fix the problem. I was told it could be to do with the hddo and that it may need replacing but I'm unsure if that's true. Has anyone experienced this problem or may know the cause. Also I forgot to mention before this happened I gave myself trophies and then that's when it happened. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks
04-24-2017, 09:25 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by TLDAVIES View Post
Hi. I need advise on how to fix a ps3 where it boots up and asks to restore file system and after that it just goes to a black screen. Alternatively on safe mode I try and do system update but each time it freezes and every other option doesn't fix the problem. I was told it could be to do with the hddo and that it may need replacing but I'm unsure if that's true. Has anyone experienced this problem or may know the cause. Also I forgot to mention before this happened I gave myself trophies and then that's when it happened. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks

Are you CEX or DEX?
Can you boot into recovery mode?
04-25-2017, 06:08 PM #3
TLDAVIES
Save Point
I'm on DEX I boot into recovery mode and restore file system works but after it goes onto a blackscreen. system update freezes
04-26-2017, 12:39 AM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by TLDAVIES View Post
I'm on DEX I boot into recovery mode and restore file system works but after it goes onto a blackscreen. system update freezes

1. Boot your ps3 into recovery mode
2. Try option "restore ps3 system"
This will reformat the hdd and wipe everything (games,saves,homebrew,etc)
When it is finished, it will ask you for your last syscall (last cfw installed)
3. Reinstall your cfw

If that doesn't work, and other recovery mode options lead to freeze, I would assume your hdd is damaged and will need to be replaced.
04-26-2017, 04:01 PM #5
TLDAVIES
Save Point
some of the other options just stay on a blackscreen, but not necessarily freeze such as restore file system. thanks I'll try what you suggested. thanks. Is it possibly to do with the HDMI cable?
09-09-2017, 07:07 PM #6
I have the same problem but mine doesn't go in recovery mode. when i start up my ps3, it just a black screen and when i go to turn it off, i cant and i don't hear a beep. i do the rights steps to get into recovery but it doesn't work. i am on 4.50ita dex. PLEASE HELP ;(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo