05-01-2017, 11:59 PM #1
vSMGz-
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So on Saturday I am buying a PS3 on 3.55 FW (OFW) it is my first time buying a PS3 which I am going to be jailbreaking. I'm just wondering if someone could link me the best CFW to update it. I know how to update it to the CFW and everything else, just not sure where to get the CFW update from. I'm kind of a noob and would appreciate all the help I can get, thanks in advance
05-02-2017, 01:38 AM #2
xenomage
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by vSMGz
So on Saturday I am buying a PS3 on 3.55 FW (OFW) it is my first time buying a PS3 which I am going to be jailbreaking. I'm just wondering if someone could link me the best CFW to update it. I know how to update it to the CFW and everything else, just not sure where to get the CFW update from. I'm kind of a noob and would appreciate all the help I can get, thanks in advance

Rebug makes one of the best...you can get it from
    rebug.me
05-02-2017, 03:22 AM #3
So on Saturday I am buying a PS3 on 3.55 FW (OFW) it is my first time buying a PS3 which I am going to be jailbreaking. I'm just wondering if someone could link me the best CFW to update it. I know how to update it to the CFW and everything else, just not sure where to get the CFW update from. I'm kind of a noob and would appreciate all the help I can get, thanks in advance

First update to 3.55 kmeaw, then look into You must login or register to view this content. to convert to DEX. You should look into PSNpatch and CCAPI.
05-02-2017, 11:57 AM #4
vSMGz-
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
First update to 3.55 kmeaw, then look into You must login or register to view this content. to convert to DEX. You should look into PSNpatch and CCAPI.

Do I have to update to 3.55 kmeaw first?
05-02-2017, 12:27 PM #5
Do I have to update to 3.55 kmeaw first?

Basically kmeaw would be jailbreaking the system to allow you to update to any cfw (on CEX). It'd be the first step towards doing anything.
05-02-2017, 03:00 PM #6
vSMGz-
Do a barrel roll!
So I update it to 3.55 kmeaw and then I can put my console on cex?
05-02-2017, 04:14 PM #7
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite

Personally I don't bother installing Kmeaw. This is just a pain especially when I downgrade consoles.

I suggest that you just download the CFW of your choice and then install it. After you've installed it make sure to QA toggle the console. Otherwise if you try to downgrade to a lower CFW you'll have issues.

After toggling QA I would also recommend getting a NAND/NOR dump of your console. Just in case something goes wrong. If, hopefully it doesn't, something does go wrong then you can send your console to a downgrader and get them to flash the dump that you made back to the NAND/NOR chip and you'll be good to go!
05-02-2017, 05:16 PM #8
vSMGz-
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by ninja58 View Post
Personally I don't bother installing Kmeaw. This is just a pain especially when I downgrade consoles.

I suggest that you just download the CFW of your choice and then install it. After you've installed it make sure to QA toggle the console. Otherwise if you try to downgrade to a lower CFW you'll have issues.

After toggling QA I would also recommend getting a NAND/NOR dump of your console. Just in case something goes wrong. If, hopefully it doesn't, something does go wrong then you can send your console to a downgrader and get them to flash the dump that you made back to the NAND/NOR chip and you'll be good to go!

Do you have kik? Id appreciate it if you could help me out once I have my PS3 Happy
05-02-2017, 05:46 PM #9
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Do you have kik? Id appreciate it if you could help me out once I have my PS3 Happy

If I can remember my details haha, best bet is to add me on FB if ya have it? Or even PSN
05-02-2017, 07:49 PM #10
vSMGz-
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by ninja58 View Post
If I can remember my details haha, best bet is to add me on FB if ya have it? Or even PSN

I'll add you on PSN, can message you on there easier because of PS app xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo