05-16-2017, 09:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so i have been out of the game for awhile. i want to start from the
beginning. how do i reset my ps3 from psita 4.50 back to 3.55 OFW and
delete everything?
05-16-2017, 11:25 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by GetHacked925 View Post
Ok so i have been out of the game for awhile. i want to start from the
beginning. how do i reset my ps3 from psita 4.50 back to 3.55 OFW and
delete everything?

You want to get rid of the jailbreak?

You need to convert back to cex and then you can install ofw (4.81)

if you want to delete the games and everything, from there you can:

1. boot your ps3 into recovery
2. Select option "restore ps3 system"
This will format the hdd and wipe everything (games, saves, everything)
When it is finished, it may bring you to a black screen, asking for your last cfw
3. Reinstall 4.81 ofw
Last edited by Dro ; 05-16-2017 at 11:30 PM.
05-17-2017, 06:18 PM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post

When it is finished, it may bring you to a black screen, asking for your last cfw
3. Reinstall 4.81 ofw

im not trying to fully unjailbreak it i just want to factory reset it back to 3.55 ofw so i can start the jailbreak from the beginning and relearn everything. unless someone would be willing to sit on skype with me and give me a refresher.
05-18-2017, 11:28 AM #4
ymh
Treasure hunter
im not trying to fully unjailbreak it i just want to factory reset it back to 3.55 ofw so i can start the jailbreak from the beginning and relearn everything. unless someone would be willing to sit on skype with me and give me a refresher.

if you still need help i'll talk to you on skype about it
05-18-2017, 08:28 PM #5

3. Reinstall 4.81 ofw

Are you crazy? If he does what u said he will semibrick his ps3
05-18-2017, 08:30 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Mitches View Post
Are you crazy? If he does what u said he will semibrick his ps3

No he won't.. He'd be back on ofw with a formatted hdd. Either way, a semi brick is fixed easily and would be caused by improperly converting to/from CEX/DEX, if anything.

If you are on Ps3ita then you are DEX right now.
You could install this downgrader You must login or register to view this content. and you will be on 3.55 DEX..

or

You can convert back to CEX and then install this downgrader You must login or register to view this content. and you will be on 3.55 downgrader
in which case you can then install 3.55 ofw if you want. Not really needed to go to 3.55 ofw..

To install a firmware:

Download the firmware. Rename the file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" (no quotes)

1. On a fat32 formatted usb flash drive, create a folder named "PS3"
2. Inside the "PS3" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE"
3. Inside the "UPDATE" folder, place your "PS3UPDAT.PUP"
4. Insert the usb flash drive into the rightmost usb port of your ps3

5. Boot ps3 into recovery mode (alt: on the XMB, go to the top of the second column from the left, and select option update system. Select option "from usb device". DO NOT select "from internet".)
6. Select option "update system" (alt: on the XMB, go to the top of the second column from the left, and select option update system. Select option "from usb device". DO NOT select "from internet".)
7. Follow prompt to install
Last edited by Dro ; 05-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.
05-18-2017, 08:32 PM #7
No he won't wat He'd be back on ofw with a formatted hdd.

How much you want to bet?

Listen he is on a DEX version.

You cant simly wipe the HDD and install an OFW (wich is a CEX version)

If it was that easy, we would never need a e3 flasher to actually downgrade the ps3 lmao.
Last edited by Mitches ; 05-18-2017 at 08:34 PM.
05-19-2017, 02:47 AM #8
No he won't.. He'd be back on ofw with a formatted hdd. Either way, a semi brick is fixed easily and would be caused by improperly converting to/from CEX/DEX, if anything.

If you are on Ps3ita then you are DEX right now.
You could install this downgrader You must login or register to view this content. and you will be on 3.55 DEX..

or

You can convert back to CEX and then install this downgrader You must login or register to view this content. and you will be on 3.55 downgrader
in which case you can then install 3.55 ofw if you want. Not really needed to go to 3.55 ofw..

To install a firmware:

Download the firmware. Rename the file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" (no quotes)

1. On a fat32 formatted usb flash drive, create a folder named "PS3"
2. Inside the "PS3" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE"
3. Inside the "UPDATE" folder, place your "PS3UPDAT.PUP"
4. Insert the usb flash drive into the rightmost usb port of your ps3

5. Boot ps3 into recovery mode (alt: on the XMB, go to the top of the second column from the left, and select option update system. Select option "from usb device". DO NOT select "from internet".)
6. Select option "update system" (alt: on the XMB, go to the top of the second column from the left, and select option update system. Select option "from usb device". DO NOT select "from internet".)
7. Follow prompt to install

Semibrick is fixed easily Mother of God
I will be glad to see that

Once again he will semibrick his ps3 if he follows the shit u copy pasted
Last edited by Mitches ; 05-19-2017 at 02:51 AM.
05-19-2017, 03:12 AM #9
Dro
i<3myPs3
How much you want to bet?

Listen he is on a DEX version.

You cant simly wipe the HDD and install an OFW (wich is a CEX version)

If it was that easy, we would never need a e3 flasher to actually downgrade the ps3 lmao.

I didn't say simply wipe the hdd and install ofw..wtf

I specifically said he needs to convert back to cex before installing ofw..are you even reading?

obviously i know he is DEX since i said so

and e3 flasher has nothing to do with installing ofw , nor does it have anything to do with cex/dex conversion or downgrading a cfw ps3. It is only necessary for downgrading a ps3 with an ofw higher than 3.55.

Semibrick is fixed easily Mother of God
I will be glad to see that

Once again he will semibrick his ps3 if he follows the shit u copy pasted

Yes. That's pretty much the literal definition of a "semi-brick" - a brick that is fixable (usually by reinstalling your firmware)
It could also mean, to me, a brick that would take more than the average repair to fix.
However, in this case, it is pretty much impossible to "semi-brick" his console, outside of the typical "semi-brick" due to the conversion to/from CEX/DEX (which, like i said, is usually a result of doing the conversion improperly), unless he fuckin dropped his console while doing the conversion or something Needa

and from the shit i copy and pasted? Cmon what are you on right now?
dude i really don't want to argue with you. I'm not guessing and the only shit I ever copy and paste is my own words (which i didn't even, in this case btw I fucking typed it all out, not that it matters) because I help with this shit so often that I say the same shit over and over and over...
Op is free to listen to whomever they want. Clearly you and me speak two different languages.
Last edited by Dro ; 05-19-2017 at 05:23 AM.
05-19-2017, 10:48 AM #10
I didn't say simply wipe the hdd and install ofw..wtf

I specifically said he needs to convert back to cex before installing ofw..are you even reading?

obviously i know he is DEX since i said so

and e3 flasher has nothing to do with installing ofw , nor does it have anything to do with cex/dex conversion or downgrading a cfw ps3. It is only necessary for downgrading a ps3 with an ofw higher than 3.55.

Yes. That's pretty much the literal definition of a "semi-brick" - a brick that is fixable (usually by reinstalling your firmware)
It could also mean, to me, a brick that would take more than the average repair to fix.
However, in this case, it is pretty much impossible to "semi-brick" his console, outside of the typical "semi-brick" due to the conversion to/from CEX/DEX (which, like i said, is usually a result of doing the conversion improperly), unless he fuckin dropped his console while doing the conversion or something Needa

and from the shit i copy and pasted? Cmon what are you on right now?
dude i really don't want to argue with you. I'm not guessing and the only shit I ever copy and paste is my own words (which i didn't even, in this case btw I fucking typed it all out, not that it matters) because I help with this shit so often that I say the same shit over and over and over...
Op is free to listen to whomever they want. Clearly you and me speak two different languages.

Dont you forgot? Its been a while he didnt touch his ps3.
And you keep editing your post as I reply to you.
I dont see any steps on how to convert from dex to cex.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo