05-21-2017, 07:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As I'm typing this something weird is going on

so I decided to get a bigger HDD for my 60GB CFW ps3 console, Switching to 360GB

Was watching a YouTuber and was following his steps

Backed up the ps3 to a external hard drive etc etc.

switched out the hard drives and inserted the new one..*Here's where it gets weird,

at 2:21 on the video I was supposed to get the message 'The system software cannot be run correctly' 'Please update your firmware'

I didn't get that message, Instead I got a 'ReBUG logo' and asked to reformat? and then when I did, I was on my cfw with the new HHD? is this right?

Wasn't I supposed to update it with 'UPDAT' file from rebug? so anyways... I decided to scroll on the XMB and hit 'restore system' on the XMB and use the backup that I took off my old HDD that had rebug on, to the new one..Is this safe doing this? right now its backup at 56% and I'm scared that it might go back to official firm wire.
Last edited by Elephant-man ; 05-21-2017 at 07:17 AM.
05-21-2017, 10:10 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by man View Post
As I'm typing this something weird is going on

so I decided to get a bigger HDD for my 60GB CFW ps3 console, Switching to 360GB

switched out the hard drives and inserted the new one..*Here's where it gets weird,

at 2:21 on the video I was supposed to get the message 'The system software cannot be run correctly' 'Please update your firmware'

I didn't get that message, Instead I got a 'ReBUG logo' and asked to reformat? and then when I did, I was on my cfw with the new HHD? is this right?

Wasn't I supposed to update it with 'UPDAT' file from rebug? so anyways... I decided to scroll on the XMB and hit 'restore system' on the XMB and use the backup that I took off my old HDD that had rebug on, to the new one..Is this safe doing this? right now its backup at 56% and I'm scared that it might go back to official firm wire.

Sometimes (i don't know if it's certain ps3 models or coincidence or firmware or what) you don't have to reinstall the firmware. It's fine. idk about backing up your data tho.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

Elephant-man
05-21-2017, 01:40 PM #3
xenomage
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by man View Post
As I'm typing this something weird is going on

Depends on console..NAND stores the fw on the mobo, NOR stores half on mobo and half on hdd...you should be fine

The following 2 users say thank you to xenomage for this useful post:

05-22-2017, 07:06 PM #4
Originally posted by xenomage View Post
Depends on console..NAND stores the fw on the mobo, NOR stores half on mobo and half on hdd...you should be fine

Oh I see! yeah I have an old NAND chip with the SD cards, this makes sense!

also the update went successfully!

Thank you guys!
Last edited by Elephant-man ; 05-22-2017 at 07:10 PM.
05-22-2017, 07:08 PM #5
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Sometimes (i don't know if it's certain ps3 models or coincidence or firmware or what) you don't have to reinstall the firmware. It's fine. idk about backing up your data tho.

I realize in the backing up part was kind of useless, because I wanted back gta 'save utilities' but it seems like I didn't get that, all I got back was the games on multi-man.

thank you for the reply! very much appreciated!

The following user thanked Elephant-man for this useful post:

Dro

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo