05-24-2017, 06:39 AM #1
jowangurm
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello all
i got a jailbroken ps3 some days ago
so i want to convert it from CEX to DEX
so i want to know my ps3 is cfw or ofw if its on cfw then which one ?
i am posting some pics along with it
and on which version i can convert CEX to DEX ?
and in multiman system info it says my playstation firmware - Firmware 4.66 [SC-35 | PL3]
so please tell me the details
thanks
You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.
05-24-2017, 09:27 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by jowangurm View Post
hello all
i got a jailbroken ps3 some days ago
so i want to convert it from CEX to DEX
so i want to know my ps3 is cfw or ofw if its on cfw then which one ?
i am posting some pics along with it
and on which version i can convert CEX to DEX ?
and in multiman system info it says my playstation firmware - Firmware 4.66 [SC-35 | PL3]
so please tell me the details
thanks
You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

From what i can tell, maybe you are on habib or ferrox cfw..to swap to dex you need to start on a rebug CEX firmware (above 4.65 i believe)

1. Download this firmware You must login or register to view this content.
2. Rename the file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP"(no quotes)
3. On a fat32 formatted usb flash drive, create a folder named "PS3"
4. Inside the "PS3" folder, create a folder named "UPDATE"
5. Inside the "UPDATE" folder, place the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file
6. Insert the flash drive into the rightmost usb port of your ps3
7. Boot ps3 into recovery mode (alt. On the XMB, go to the top of the second column from the left and select option "update system". Select "from usb device". Do not select "from internet".)
8. Select option "update system"(alt. On the XMB, go to the top of the second column from the left and select option "update system". Select "from usb device". Do not select "from internet".)
9. Follow prompt to install

Keep the flash drive in your ps3 (until after step 15)

10. Once you are on rebug 4.65, Download and install rebug toolbox to your ps3 You must login or register to view this content.

Open rebug toolbox

12. In rebug toobox, On the bottom of the furthest right column, select option "export flash to file".

13. After that has finished, select option "dump eid root key". Allow your ps3 to restart.

14. After your ps3 restarts, Go back into rebug toolbox and in the second column from the right, select option "Rewrite target Id to flash".

15. Select option "swap lv2 kernel" and then allow your ps3 to reboot

16. Download and install this DEX cfw You must login or register to view this content. by following steps 2-9

If it crashes and gives you a black screen that says something like "system software cannot be run correctly", just simply:

Install this downgrader You must login or register to view this content. to your ps3

and then reinstall rebug 4.75.3 DEX, or really any DEX cfw of your choice.
Last edited by Dro ; 05-24-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo