05-25-2017, 03:23 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So around 2 years ago my CFW PS3 got dropped and would no longer display. Recently out of boredom, I tried to boot it again with composite cables with no success. Then I thought about trying to boot it without the HDD. This resulted in it displaying with the message "Cannot Start. Appropriate system storage was not found." So I assumed the HDD didn't survive the fall. I checked it using a SATA to USB cable and of course, some of the sectors were severely damaged.

So I got an old HDD from a PS4 with a HDMI problem as well and formated it to NTFS. I put it into the ps3 and it displayed with the message "The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the system storage must be reformatted and you just reinstall the system software. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 4.70 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time...."

So last I remember I was running HABIB. So i downloaded the pup file and tried inserting the flash drive to install. (Yes, I used the right directory on the pen drive and formated to NTFS). But I get the error message "No applicable update data was found."

I tried 4.75 Habib... with no avail.

So my question is now, how can I install CFW again. Could I try using another flash drive? (Would need to buy one) Will I even be able to install CFW again?

Model: CECH-2001A
05-25-2017, 03:35 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by rdizzle52 View Post
So around 2 years ago my CFW PS3 got dropped and would no longer display. Recently out of boredom, I tried to boot it again with composite cables with no success. Then I thought about trying to boot it without the HDD. This resulted in it displaying with the message "Cannot Start. Appropriate system storage was not found." So I assumed the HDD didn't survive the fall. I checked it using a SATA to USB cable and of course, some of the sectors were severely damaged.

So I got an old HDD from a PS4 with a HDMI problem as well and formated it to NTFS. I put it into the ps3 and it displayed with the message "The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the system storage must be reformatted and you just reinstall the system software. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 4.70 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time...."

So last I remember I was running HABIB. So i downloaded the pup file and tried inserting the flash drive to install. (Yes, I used the right directory on the pen drive and formated to NTFS). But I get the error message "No applicable update data was found."

I tried 4.75 Habib... with no avail.

So my question is now, how can I install CFW again. Could I try using another flash drive? (Would need to buy one) Will I even be able to install CFW again?

Model: CECH-2001A

Your flash drive should be formatted to Fat32

If you can't remember what firmware you were on, you can install a downgrader and then install a cfw of your choice.
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Dro ; 05-25-2017 at 03:40 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo