06-12-2017, 02:25 PM #1
STIGMATA
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone
I have a simple question, i need to know IF WE CAN SWAP PS2 discs (aka ISO backups ) on PS3 (i'm on Rebug 4.80)
i spent months looking this one up, all i got was misleading titles. my question is very simple,i'm not asking that some games have save points right before the second disc(yeah i got people answering my question with that too), i'm asking can we switch from disc 1 to disc 2 on a jailbroken PS3?
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

Update: Someone said something about switching discs (ISO Backups ) using a USB and some other game manager (i don't quite remember which one ), he said when the game asks for the second disc he unplugs and replug the USB back (i get from that that the ISO backups are on the USB drive not the HDD? ) then the game will load the second disc, i also remember him syaing that he added some text file to the USB and renamed the ISO, i just need to know the process and how to do it. i tried to find that post again, spent last night with google (talk about a hot date) but got nothing. i don't even remember where i read that post. i hope you guys can help me with this one, and keep this thread open, because i know a lot of people like myself are looking for this, and when i used Google to search, my post (this post ) came first on the result-screen, which means that there's no threads about the subject posted, all the other results "slightly related" i found led to MagicSwap app on the PS2 (PS2 CONSOLES NOT PS3).
Last edited by STIGMATA ; 06-13-2017 at 09:10 AM.
06-12-2017, 03:06 PM #2
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by STIGMATA View Post
Hello everyone
I have a simple question, i need to know IF WE CAN SWAP PS2 discs (aka ISO backups ) on PS3 (i'm on Rebug 4.80)
i spent months looking this one up, all i got was misleading titles. my question is very simple,i'm not asking that some games have save points right before the second disc(yeah i got people answering my question with that too), i'm asking can we switch from disc 1 to disc 2 on a jailbroken PS3?
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply

Save both disc to HDD. Load 2nd disc when you're done with the first.
06-12-2017, 05:09 PM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
Hello everyone
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply

Do you mean to play burnt ps1/ps2 games or just to insert a disc #2?
You can disc swap to play burnt games on ofw, but you have to have the top of the disc drive off and rigged to play while the top is off. I used to do this with my 60gb backwards compatible model ps3.

If you mean just to swap to disc #2 for a 2 disc game, you just insert the new disc when it prompts you to, or insert disc #2 and load game. It should work just fine.
Last edited by Dro ; 06-12-2017 at 05:43 PM.
06-12-2017, 06:44 PM #4
STIGMATA
Bounty hunter
Oh no, no backwards compatibly sadly, as i said, 'ISO backups' i need to switch to the second ISO-based disc.
06-12-2017, 06:48 PM #5
STIGMATA
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by avatar1o1234 View Post
Save both disc to HDD. Load 2nd disc when you're done with the first.
Again i was asking about the ability to switch ISO backups during gameplay, not all games let you save right before the second Disc, you need to do it on the fly.
06-12-2017, 06:51 PM #6
STIGMATA
Bounty hunter
See that's the problem, i just need to know, can you switch PS2 disc (ISO BACKUPS) during gameplay when asked to switch disc?
06-12-2017, 07:15 PM #7
Dro
i<3myPs3
See that's the problem, i just need to know, can you switch PS2 disc (ISO BACKUPS) during gameplay when asked to switch disc?

Yes, you can. Just eject and insert the new disc.
Last edited by Dro ; 06-12-2017 at 07:17 PM.
06-12-2017, 07:47 PM #8
STIGMATA
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Yes, you can. Just eject and insert the new disc.
My gosh man, i said BACKUPS ISO BACKUPS i even used bold fonts LOL AGAIN MY PS3 DOESN'T SUPPORT PS2 DISCS! I'm playing ISO Backups, not physical discs

The following user thanked STIGMATA for this useful post:

Dro
06-12-2017, 07:49 PM #9
STIGMATA
Bounty hunter
Just read about the new Cobra and that you can play PS2 burned discs without backup mangers directly, but it doesn't support Rebug yet
06-12-2017, 08:16 PM #10
Samurai Poster
Again i was asking about the ability to switch ISO backups during gameplay, not all games let you save right before the second Disc, you need to do it on the fly.

Nope.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo