07-24-2017, 09:19 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm new to trying to install mods on my ps3. I dont want to mod online to rape people. I just want to learn how to install mods for casual gameplay with friends. Like just the basic of how to install simple mods for fun game modes on B.O. zombies or local play or private matches. I dont want to take it to online. I like keeping online fair. If anyone could message me & help me out & kinda explain to me how it all works I'd be really appreciate.
Last edited by puffmagicdragon ; 07-24-2017 at 10:38 PM.
07-25-2017, 12:59 AM #2
Get a jailbreak
07-25-2017, 09:21 AM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by puffmagicdragon View Post
I'm new to trying to install mods on my ps3. I dont want to mod online to rape people. I just want to learn how to install mods for casual gameplay with friends. Like just the basic of how to install simple mods for fun game modes on B.O. zombies or local play or private matches. I dont want to take it to online. I like keeping online fair. If anyone could message me & help me out & kinda explain to me how it all works I'd be really appreciate.

Are you on cfw? CEX or DEX?
07-25-2017, 04:32 PM #4
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Are you on cfw? CEX or DEX?

I'm pretty sure it CEX because its straight from the store. The firmware is version 4.81 & its a ps3 superslim. I was thinking about jail breaking but I didnt want to give up online completely . I might tho because I'm pretty sure I can just update the ps3 to get back online.
07-25-2017, 10:11 PM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by puffmagicdragon View Post
I'm pretty sure it CEX because its straight from the store. The firmware is version 4.81 & its a ps3 superslim. I was thinking about jail breaking but I didnt want to give up online completely . I might tho because I'm pretty sure I can just update the ps3 to get back online.

SuperSlim models cannot be jailbroken...the best you can do is maybe some usb mods and modded saves, or you can look into cobra ode for playing backups (or pirated games)..maybe you can use modded version of the game on that idk..but if you want the dank stuff, youll want to get a jailbroken ps3..

You'll need a ps3 that has a minimum downgrade version of 3.55 or lower. You can check this out for reference You must login or register to view this content.

If the ps3 has been updated to an official sony firmware higher than 3.55, you will need to flash it with a hardware flasher in order to downgrade it to 3.55 and install a custom firmware.

Ps3s with a NOR chip can be flashed with a hardware flasher such as e3 flasher (easiest)
Ps3s with a NAND chip can be flashed with a hardware flasher such as teensy++ or progskeet (advanced)
Last edited by Dro ; 07-25-2017 at 10:16 PM.
07-26-2017, 03:24 AM #6
Originally posted by Dro View Post
SuperSlim models cannot be jailbroken...the best you can do is maybe some usb mods and modded saves, or you can look into cobra ode for playing backups (or pirated games)..maybe you can use modded version of the game on that idk..but if you want the dank stuff, youll want to get a jailbroken ps3..

You'll need a ps3 that has a minimum downgrade version of 3.55 or lower. You can check this out for reference You must login or register to view this content.

If the ps3 has been updated to an official sony firmware higher than 3.55, you will need to flash it with a hardware flasher in order to downgrade it to 3.55 and install a custom firmware.

Ps3s with a NOR chip can be flashed with a hardware flasher such as e3 flasher (easiest)
Ps3s with a NAND chip can be flashed with a hardware flasher such as teensy++ or progskeet (advanced)

If I do USB mods . Can I pirate the old map packs of zombies ? & maybe put some binds on ? I really just want map Packs. there so old they should almost just give them with the games now. & what program would I use to do all this ? I'll look in to getting a jail broken ps3 in the future

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo