08-17-2017, 06:52 AM #1
Nex_Letum
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I was playing GTA the other night, and got booted offline by some doushbag. Anyway, when I got back online, I sent one message to a friend, and immediately the console turned off, and gave me an error screen when iI tried to turn it back on.

"The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system.

If the system cannot be restarted you must reinstall the system software.
Connect storage media that contains update data of version 2.70 or later, and hen press the START and select buttons at the same time.
For information on how to obtain update data, refer to the SCE website for your region."

First question, did the booter have something to do with this, or did my HDD just crap out?
Second question, is there anything I can do to fix this? I was on 4.81 Rebug DEX.
Third question, if I just try to reinstall my Rogero firmware from safe mode, will I have to reconvert to DEX again?
And last question, am I going to lose all of my saved information such as games, programs, accounts, and friends lists?

I have another HDD I can use as a last resort, but I would rather not do that and potentially lose all of my info.

Hopefully someone can help out...it would be greatly appreciated.....

UPDATE: I tried to install the rogero firmware(D REX) to the console. Like an idiot, I didn't do it from safe mode, instead, I did it from the above listed error screen... It started by saying checking, then my screen went blank. The PS3 will now power on, but it has no visuals on the screen whatsoever. I even tried to use the old RGB cables to see if they would work instead of the HDMI one... still nothing. Is it safe to say this thing is bricked at this point?

UPDATE 2: The issue was that at some point along the line, the console reverted back to CEX somehow(still not sure how that happened). When I tried to install D-REX, it bricked the console. I used a little trick by soldering a wire to the NOR tristate and a ground on the board and re-flashed the console with my original patched dump. Got the system unbricked, installed REX, converted back to DEX, and am currently re-installing all of my games, programs, etc. But, at the end of the day, all is good now
Last edited by Nex_Letum ; 08-21-2017 at 05:35 AM.
08-17-2017, 02:48 PM #2
You must login or register to view this content.

this might be some help to you ..all my own fault but it fixed my black screen and firmware problems
08-17-2017, 03:57 PM #3
SolidSRK
Little One
I had your same problem, it would just randomly shut down the ps3 and say it cannot read system software, I found out the issue was webman, since I disabled webman I no longer have that issue.
08-21-2017, 05:36 AM #4
Nex_Letum
Little One
issue has been fixed. See my second update in my OP.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo