09-23-2017, 03:18 AM #1
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so I bought a console for cheap and it had RSOD (I knew it had RSOD) and was on update 4.55 (unsure as if CFW or OFW, Seller claims he does not know) So my first instinct was to load into recovery and install 999 Downgrade and laugh at how much I spent....but I get an error The data is corrupted. (8002F2C5) So I thought okay I will try just installing OFW 3.55, got the same error. So I thought, "Fine I'll just flash a patched dump and continue." First time clipping in the E3 I had the non seated clip error, so I re-sat the clip and then it started dumping.

1st dump in PS3 Dump Checker
You must login or register to view this content.

2nd dump in PS3 Dump Checker

3rd dump in PS3 Dump Checker

Image information

So as you can see every dump is identical. only the ROS1 Hash is a fail. People have said disable Hash check. but also have seen that this can cause problems. My hashlist is up-to-date.

Does anyone know how I can fix this also anyone know a way to tell if this console is CFW or OFW. It has been opened up before I had it, but thats all I can see.*
09-23-2017, 06:20 AM #2
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by MessinBound View Post
Ok so I bought a console for cheap and it had RSOD (I knew it had RSOD) and was on update 4.55 (unsure as if CFW or OFW, Seller claims he does not know) So my first instinct was to load into recovery and install 999 Downgrade and laugh at how much I spent....but I get an error The data is corrupted. (8002F2C5) So I thought okay I will try just installing OFW 3.55, got the same error. So I thought, "Fine I'll just flash a patched dump and continue." First time clipping in the E3 I had the non seated clip error, so I re-sat the clip and then it started dumping.

1st dump in PS3 Dump Checker

2nd dump in PS3 Dump Checker

3rd dump in PS3 Dump Checker

Image information

So as you can see every dump is identical. only the ROS1 Hash is a fail. People have said disable Hash check. but also have seen that this can cause problems. My hashlist is up-to-date.

Does anyone know how I can fix this also anyone know a way to tell if this console is CFW or OFW. It has been opened up before I had it, but thats all I can see.*

your console is not patched. since it doesnt say yes on prepatched

The following user thanked BurtE for this useful post:

MessinBound
09-23-2017, 06:25 AM #3
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
your console is not patched. since it doesnt say yes on prepatched

Ok thought so. Well thats one question answered thanks!
09-23-2017, 11:09 AM #4
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Ok thought so. Well thats one question answered thanks!

if i remember correctly you should be able to force patch it, flash it back to console

then install rogero downgrader which contains a rsod bypass. run rsod fix pkg and toggle qa then install 3.55 ofw from recovery -- it should boot now without rsod

after that then you can install the latest rebug from xmb

if rsod comes back without messing with dev_flash then ur nor chip is riperino
Last edited by BurtE ; 09-23-2017 at 12:34 PM.

MessinBound
09-28-2017, 07:44 AM #5
MessinBound
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
if i remember correctly you should be able to force patch it, flash it back to console

then install rogero downgrader which contains a rsod bypass. run rsod fix pkg and toggle qa then install 3.55 ofw from recovery -- it should boot now without rsod

after that then you can install the latest rebug from xmb

if rsod comes back without messing with dev_flash then ur nor chip is riperino

Just wondering if I am going to force patch should I enable the option 'Restore ROS Headers' referring to my problem?

09-28-2017, 07:59 AM #6
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Just wondering if I am going to force patch should I enable the option 'Restore ROS Headers' referring to my problem?

Yes Smile

MessinBound

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo