10-17-2017, 01:44 PM #1
CoreyModzDEX
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i was installing 4.70 drex when i was on 4.81 drex cause every homebrew i launched blackscreened *my friend said it would fix it huge mistake really. Also i replaced thermal paste 20 mins before. So i start update blah blah got to 41% and said update failed 60 seconds to restart and it did and now my fans not spinning and it gets 36% says PS3 is to hot turning off and i tried getting to recovery menu still failed i even put my ofw fan in to make sure it's not a fan problem still never spinned and i getting a bit pissed off can anyone help?Snail
10-19-2017, 02:12 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by CoreyModzDEX View Post
So i was installing 4.70 drex when i was on 4.81 drex cause every homebrew i launched blackscreened *my friend said it would fix it huge mistake really. Also i replaced thermal paste 20 mins before. So i start update blah blah got to 41% and said update failed 60 seconds to restart and it did and now my fans not spinning and it gets 36% says PS3 is to hot turning off and i tried getting to recovery menu still failed i even put my ofw fan in to make sure it's not a fan problem still never spinned and i getting a bit pissed off can anyone help?Snail

Is there a reason why you replaced the thermal paste? Was it routine maintenance, or did your ps3 overheat and/or shut down before this? If your ps3 has already started shutting off on it's own, then your ps3 may actually be overheating, in which case it's unlikely you will be able to get it back to normal ever again.. It may need a reflow, a reball, or to just be replaced..

Did you, perhaps, have webman installed while you were on 4.81 that may have become corrupt after changing firmwares?

You need to figure out that overheat error and fan issue..if it was me, I would reformat the thing in hopes that whatever may be the problem returns to it's default setting.
If that doesn't help, then I might assume that something is or was damaged (or lacking) in the process of changing the thermal paste. Did you put enough paste on the chips? Did you put too much? Either can cause this.

Let us know.
11-21-2017, 12:12 PM #3
CoreyModzDEX
Save Point
Sorry, for the late reply. But It was bd checks and I found out the ribbon was ripped for bd connector so I formatted hdd and Installed 4.75 drex no-bd and I replaced thermal paste cause high temps anyways problem solved. Thread can be closed

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo