11-05-2017, 03:32 AM #1
MR.MCGOO
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im trying to find a motherboard for a cechao1 ps3 phat. the ps3 turns on but no sound or audio ive tried all different fixes none seem to work. its on rebug 4.75 dex. the hdmi ports messed up but i probably did that being frustrated lol. but it didnt show up nothing on my screen. i comes on and stays on i had rca hooked to a stereo and it played the startup sound. but not anymore now its just no video or audio. i heard it could be GLOD ive checked ebay for the mother board but no luck. im in the US plz anyone know a fix? my phats been in a box for over a year :( i still got my slim on rebug 4.81 dex... but i miss the old phat girl lol

*sorry if posted in wrong section
11-05-2017, 01:44 PM #2
SolidSRK
Little One
My hdmi port also got destroyed, I purchased a component d-terminal cable from eBay and it runs in 720p still Smile
11-05-2017, 11:06 PM #3
MR.MCGOO
Gym leader
Originally posted by southpaw
Have you tried using the standard AV cable it came with to get picture? I know you said the sound came on when you plugged it into your stereo.

yea i tried the av cable. no luck. thats why i figured it was a GLOD
11-06-2017, 03:07 AM #4
DGNGOD
-MAD GOD-
My Fat is acting wierd as well it shows the image on the screen but the sound is just a constant screeching sound.
anyone know what it could be?
11-07-2017, 12:05 PM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by MR.MCGOO View Post
im trying to find a motherboard for a cechao1 ps3 phat. the ps3 turns on but no sound or audio ive tried all different fixes none seem to work. its on rebug 4.75 dex. the hdmi ports messed up but i probably did that being frustrated lol. but it didnt show up nothing on my screen. i comes on and stays on i had rca hooked to a stereo and it played the startup sound. but not anymore now its just no video or audio. i heard it could be GLOD ive checked ebay for the mother board but no luck. im in the US plz anyone know a fix? my phats been in a box for over a year :( i still got my slim on rebug 4.81 dex... but i miss the old phat girl lol

*sorry if posted in wrong section

try different video cables

try a different tv

1. press the power button to turn on your ps3
2. press the power button to turn off your ps3
3. Press and hold the power button. You will hear one beep upon startup, and then a second beep will follow, in which case you can let go of the power button.
This should reset the video settings. By default it will go to A/V, but if you have an HDMI cable plugged in, it will ask if you would like to switch to HDMI.
If you are able to test with A/V cables (ps2 video cables or hd component cables), see if anything will come up in A/V, if it does not ask to switch to HDMI.

Can you boot into recovery mode?
if so, try options "restore file system" and/or "rebuild database" and if that does not help, or your ps3 freezes during either option, assume the hdd is damaged or corrupt (though it is unlikely)

if you cannot boot into recovery and nothing above seems to work, I would assume that you do have GLOD and the ps3 has suffered damages from overheating.

There is no permanent repair for YLOD/GLOD, just temporary repairs which involve reheating the solder underneath the CPU and GPU chips and then replacing thermal paste, and advanced repair which involves actually replacing the solder under the chips..

If you do get a new motherboard, you will also need the original logic board that goes to the new motherboard, or else you will not be able to play any discs..You will also need to replace the thermal paste and reformat the hdd.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

MR.MCGOO
11-10-2017, 10:11 PM #6
Wait! Are you cofident enough to take apart a cechA01 ps3 you sound like you are if your wanting to replace the board.. Take the power supply out take the disk drive out.. Remove 2 screws holding each clamp.. Place 2 pennies under each clamp. reinstall the clamps. Get'em tight but don't bust them. install power supply and see if it boots.. I have fixed 2 fat ps3's with an oven and eight pennies.. It's worth trying the pennies at least....
11-10-2017, 10:25 PM #7
Originally posted by southpaw
Man that sucks. Both of my fat ps3’s died. One was from launch that I found at a yard sale and one was from 09 that I used up until I got my PS4.

Both YLOD last year rip.

I’m not sure if a fix tbh but I’ll do more research too and reply back.

Did you see my 10$ 3.55 ps3 thread? That ps3 had ylod.. I baked it and that cured the ylod. That same ps3 has proved to me that the Glod is a lack of pressure.. I loosened the gpu/cpu clamps and boom got the Glod tightened the clamps heavy.. And Could see the ps3 xmb but with heavy artifacts and ink spots/runs all over the screen. Place two pennies under each clamp consoles been running flawless for hours now op's console needs a reball or some extra added pressure.

The following user thanked 5orabbits for this useful post:

ROCKY_southpaw

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo