12-13-2017, 08:01 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hey ngu, so im currently having an issue. i have my ps3 set up on 4.81 d-rex, i am currently having the 80020224 error code, i understand that this could either be a banned cid or invalid cid, which i believe is invalid. i load up rebug toolbox and i set it to the CEX cid (84) and im stilling having the issue, so i decided to dig a little deeper. On webman it shows my cid at just zeros. then i go onto iris manager and try to restore original cid and yet again its also on zeros. is there any way i can retrieve my original cid ?
12-13-2017, 09:53 AM #2
Apex_Modz-
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Too
hey ngu, so im currently having an issue. i have my ps3 set up on 4.81 d-rex, i am currently having the 80020224 error code, i understand that this could either be a banned cid or invalid cid, which i believe is invalid. i load up rebug toolbox and i set it to the CEX cid (84) and im stilling having the issue, so i decided to dig a little deeper. On webman it shows my cid at just zeros. then i go onto iris manager and try to restore original cid and yet again its also on zeros. is there any way i can retrieve my original cid ?

Use CCAPI 2.70 To set the console ID if its not banned it should work
12-13-2017, 04:13 PM #3
Originally posted by Apex
Use CCAPI 2.70 To set the console ID if its not banned it should work

When I use CCAPI it doesn’t show my actual cid it shows me zeros as well , any way I can reset my ps3 to put it at its original settings
12-13-2017, 05:31 PM #4
Originally posted by Too
hey ngu, so im currently having an issue. i have my ps3 set up on 4.81 d-rex, i am currently having the 80020224 error code, i understand that this could either be a banned cid or invalid cid, which i believe is invalid. i load up rebug toolbox and i set it to the CEX cid (84) and im stilling having the issue, so i decided to dig a little deeper. On webman it shows my cid at just zeros. then i go onto iris manager and try to restore original cid and yet again its also on zeros. is there any way i can retrieve my original cid ?

First off let me be clear, I literally just done this to find out my console id, and it's really simple.

Step 1:
Install Rebug Toolbox if you haven't already, should be in package manager stored on HDD not your flash-drive.

Step 2:
Start Rebug Toolbox and Dump LV2 Memory to USB.

Step 3:
Open up your dump on the flash drive with You must login or register to view this content. on a computer/laptop.

Step 4:
Search for the hex value: 00 00 00 01 00 XX 00 XX

Note:
The first XX is your Target ID, which means is your console from US, Japan, or some other country. More details about this here: (You must login or register to view this content.). Just look for the value and replace the first XX.
The second XX is your PS3 Model Type, you can find out your type value by going here: (You must login or register to view this content.).

Example Hex Value: 00 00 00 01 00 84(Target ID = US) 00 0B(PS3 Model = CECH-25xxA)

Compare your Hex Value by going here (You must login or register to view this content.) to see if it's similar. If it is you have found your Console ID.
Last edited by ipwnu2day ; 12-13-2017 at 05:43 PM.
12-16-2017, 11:29 PM #5
Originally posted by ipwnu2day View Post
First off let me be clear, I literally just done this to find out my console id, and it's really simple.

Step 1:
Install Rebug Toolbox if you haven't already, should be in package manager stored on HDD not your flash-drive.

Step 2:
Start Rebug Toolbox and Dump LV2 Memory to USB.

Step 3:
Open up your dump on the flash drive with You must login or register to view this content. on a computer/laptop.

Step 4:
Search for the hex value: 00 00 00 01 00 XX 00 XX

Note:
The first XX is your Target ID, which means is your console from US, Japan, or some other country. More details about this here: (You must login or register to view this content.). Just look for the value and replace the first XX.
The second XX is your PS3 Model Type, you can find out your type value by going here: (You must login or register to view this content.).

Example Hex Value: 00 00 00 01 00 84(Target ID = US) 00 0B(PS3 Model = CECH-25xxA)

Compare your Hex Value by going here (You must login or register to view this content.) to see if it's similar. If it is you have found your Console ID.

I can not locate that hex value
12-17-2017, 01:35 AM #6
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by Too

You dont need to go to rebug and change the cex cid region. All you need to do is get a legit valid cid and psid and boot them up with console manager and thats it
12-19-2017, 04:49 PM #7
Originally posted by Too
I can not locate that hex value

It's not going to be the exact hex value, if you cannot locate your CID by following the steps and notes along with the resources to guide you, then I don't know how else to help you.

Literally all you're trying to do for that hex value is figure out where the console came from, and what model it is. Plug the information into XX.

1. Hex Editor.
2. Open Level2 Dump.
2. CTRL+F.
3. Set Datatype from "Text-string" to "Hex-values".
4. Search for CID Hex Value by figuring out your console.
5. Congratz, you won a $20 CID.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo