Post: Help with getting a Open NAT type, when sharing internet connection. PLEASE
04-21-2018, 09:35 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have my VPN adapter shared to my PS3 to PC local connection named Ethernet-PS, as shown in the screenshots below.

You must login or register to view this content.

On my PS3 when I set up the internet connection by easy configuration, the ip address I get is:

Since my PS3 is directly connected to my PC not router my computer acts like my PS3's router.

You must login or register to view this content. (Says Default Router is 192.168.137.1 which is my computer).

I tried to open Ports on my computers Firewall from bitdefender, but I still have no luck getting my NAT open. I forwarded ports 80, 443, 5223, 3658, 3074, and 3479, even tried putting my PS3's ip address outside of the firewall, but I still get Moderate on games. If you look at the internet status list screenshot it says NAT TYPE 2, which is open. But when I load games such as Call of Duty I get a moderate NAT:

MW3- You must login or register to view this content.
BO2- You must login or register to view this content.

It is really frustrating playing on a Moderate because of the connectivity problems you get. I don't know what else to do to achieve a OPEN NAT type. Can anyone give some suggestions or help at all? Thanks.
05-04-2018, 11:29 AM #2
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
You could try connecting the ps3 to the router via an ethernet cable and also enable Fast Path mode or call your ISP so they can do it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo