10-18-2018, 09:49 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys! I have been out if the PS3 modding scene for a while. I used to have a jailbroken PS3 then I sold it. Is it still worth modding call of duty in 2018? Thanks
10-18-2018, 10:01 AM #2
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by Zpluxey View Post
Hey guys! I have been out if the PS3 modding scene for a while. I used to have a jailbroken PS3 then I sold it. Is it still worth modding call of duty in 2018? Thanks

Lol i think its a matter of opinion. I'm sure everyone will have a different view on it. I dont really mod cod anymore just GTA. But i know people who like to mod cod still.
10-18-2018, 10:06 AM #3
But is the games like everyone has a jailbroken PS3 now? Or is it still like the good ole days
10-18-2018, 10:16 AM #4
Rocket League <3
But is the games like everyone has a jailbroken PS3 now? Or is it still like the good ole days

Definitey not like the old days lol. As time goes on more and more kids get JB's so id say like 30% of kids you'll find are modders, maybe more depending on the game.
10-18-2018, 10:28 AM #5
So what do you think? Yes or no lol I miss the good ole days
10-18-2018, 03:18 PM #6
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Honestly? No it does not worth it anymore. More than 40% of the time you are going to find kids with a jailbroken PS3 and a booter claiming and acting like they are gods and just abuse everything they can abuse like hitting you offline etc. You will not find a single online game that hasn't been abused. BO2 and GTA are prime examples of that. It's stupid that 95% of the time you are going to need a vpn so you can be online and play, it's ridiculous having to pay for a VPN just so you can play a game....
10-18-2018, 03:54 PM #7
Sabotage
Gaming Squad
Free games, yes. modding stuff, no. There are some good titles on the ps3 that do stand up to time. If you can find a cheap ps3 on a low dash just upgrade to one of the exploitable ones and have fun. Smile
10-18-2018, 03:59 PM #8
So true is not Fun anymore, Kids freezing ps3, booting at will and ruining legit players fun experience, Some Times 8 out 16 players in a lobby are All modders and if one of them find out Theys other modder is GAME OVER, they get jealous and start messin up for everybody smh
10-20-2018, 12:07 AM #9
DH63
Retired Staff
Hey guys! I have been out if the PS3 modding scene for a while. I used to have a jailbroken PS3 then I sold it. Is it still worth modding call of duty in 2018? Thanks

It depends on what you want to use it for.

There are a bunch of emulator homebrew apps that you can install on your console to have a lot of fun with. You can get a lot of stuff for free as well, create backups of your games, install Linux on your console by enabling it through Rebug Toolbox and etc. There's also the fun part of modding your actual games through the use of mod menus, RTM tools and if you have Skyrim you can install PC mods. There's a lot of pros that come with it.

However some of the cons are having to make sure you have a backup CID in the event of receiving a console ban and you have to constantly take preventative measures to hide your CFW activity. There's been a lot of improvement in the PS3 modding scene to help you with that, though.

In terms of playing olnine you will most likely encounter a different percentage of modders depending on what game you play. If you play Call of Duty online you'll run into a few people using modded EBOOTs but the era of using menus online is practically gone in terms of Black Ops 2. Or GTA V, you'll pretty much always have a few modders in the lobby with you... some good and some bad.

With the increasing popularity of skids thinking it's cool to hit people offline you'll definitely want to think of investing in some type of VPN service with DDoS mitigation to greatly reduce your chances of getting smacked offline.

The following user thanked DH63 for this useful post:

Dwizzy-Taylor
10-20-2018, 12:07 AM #10
DH63
Retired Staff

It depends on what you want to use it for.

There are a bunch of emulator homebrew apps that you can install on your console to have a lot of fun with. You can get a lot of stuff for free as well, create backups of your games, install Linux on your console by enabling it through Rebug Toolbox and etc. There's also the fun part of modding your actual games through the use of mod menus, RTM tools and if you have Skyrim you can install PC mods. There's a lot of pros that come with it.

However some of the cons are having to make sure you have a backup CID in the event of receiving a console ban and you have to constantly take preventative measures to hide your CFW activity. There's been a lot of improvement in the PS3 modding scene to help you with that, though.

In terms of playing olnine you will most likely encounter a different percentage of modders depending on what game you play. If you play Call of Duty online you'll run into a few people using modded EBOOTs but the era of using menus online is practically gone in terms of Black Ops 2. Or GTA V, you'll pretty much always have a few modders in the lobby with you... some good and some bad.

With the increasing popularity of skids thinking it's cool to hit people offline you'll definitely want to think of investing in some type of VPN service with DDoS mitigation to greatly reduce your chances of getting smacked offline.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo