12-29-2014, 08:16 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi,

I will expose the problem right away as some of you may not know about that : MGS4 had DLC that were available through an in-game menu called "EXTRAS". These DLC would then be installed with the game's data files onto your PS3.

These free built-in DLC included new camouflages, podcasts and songs. Details can be found You must login or register to view this content..

Problem is, the service is no longer available. So for anyone who hasn't downloaded it before it was shut down, they will never access it again. And for anyone who has them, will have to hold onto their data files forever in order to have the complete 100% game.

Now, I'm starting this thread to ask if anyone knows how this issue could find a solution.

I own a PS3 running on CFW Darknet, so maybe there are solutions for me ?

I am desperately trying to seek a solution as I had to erase all my data recently, so I would be very grateful to anyone helping in this.

Does anyone know if the new digitialized release on the PSN have them from the start ?

@moderators : if this is the wrong place to ask (even though I'm pretty sure it's good here^^), please close the thread and tell me where I should ask this question.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.
12-31-2014, 11:59 PM #2
Have you tried signing into PSN and going to Account Management, Downloads and searching for it there? That's where all of your DLC goes and you can always recover it from there.
01-03-2015, 04:43 AM #3
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, these DLC were not coming from the Store and do not appear in the stuff I bought from it. As I said, these were built-in DLC that you would download from Konami's server and not from Sony's.
01-12-2015, 08:19 PM #4
UPDATE. Thanks to the SaveMGO community we have a workaround available for all firmwares. I am still in the process of sending all the files necessary to SaveMGO's admin GHzGangster.

Step 1 : Internet configuration

On the XMB™ home menu, go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings : Custom : Wired Connection / Wireless (depending on what you have) :

*For Wired Connection : Auto-Detect
*For Wireless : Scan > Choose your SSID > Choose your Security Setting > Enter your encryption key

Then on IP Adress Setting choose Automatic > DHCP : Do Not Set

Here is the important part : on the DNS Setting, type SaveMGO's DNS :

- Primary DNS: 192.3.217.61
- Secondary DNS: 192.3.217.162

MTU : Automatic > Proxy Server : Do Not Use > UPnP : Enable

Press the X button to save settings.

Step 2 : Download the Downloadable Content

Launch MGS4. Go to the EXTRA menu. You should now be able to download everything you need. After you're done, you can exit the game and set back your initial Internet Connetion Settings (use Easy mode this time instead of Custom for convenience).

If you are used to a different language than ENGLISH, don't worry this is the only language available for now on the EXTRA menu but when you play the game it will display the name of the DLC (well specifically camos) in your system's language.

====

Camos are available. I have trouble uploading the podcasts/songs for now, but it's coming and GHzGangster will upload them for you on the server soon.

Note from GHzGangster :

Originally posted by GHzGangster
Also, try not to download all the songs at once, I don't know the bandwidth limits, and I don't want the site to go down for the rest month or something silly. :?
01-19-2015, 05:45 AM #5
Grue
Gobble
Do you have a time that you'll be able to have the songs and podcasts on there?
01-20-2015, 05:16 PM #6
I sent them to SaveMGO's admin, but he has yet to upload them.

Also, please note that one song will not be available : CHAIR RACE. This song was removed back in 2011 for copyright issues.

If anyone still has it, please share it, that would be awesome !

To find it, go to your PS3's FTP and browse to dev_hdd0\game\BLES00246\USRDIR\dbm\

It should be located on the dbm folder. Also note that "BLES00246" may change depending on your version of the game.
07-27-2015, 04:54 AM #7
hey just been trying this now cant connect "a connection error has occurred (80028EACool Man (aka Tustin)" do i need to be on CFW?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo