03-04-2015, 05:31 AM #1
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok. I just flashed my ps3 again after accidentally updating to 4.70. However, now I have another problem. During my process, I had a heck of a time fitting the clip. Spent about 3 hours getting it to work. Well it finally did take the update and I was about to dump the ps3 files and after about 10 seconds, the ps3 cut off. Now every time I turn the power on it cuts off with the red light flashing. After research, it looks as if it has the ylod. Is that true and how can I fix it myself? Looks like I have to heat the motherboard to resolder itself. What is the best method of performing this operation?
03-04-2015, 04:16 PM #2
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by driller2k View Post
Ok. I just flashed my ps3 again after accidentally updating to 4.70. However, now I have another problem. During my process, I had a heck of a time fitting the clip. Spent about 3 hours getting it to work. Well it finally did take the update and I was about to dump the ps3 files and after about 10 seconds, the ps3 cut off. Now every time I turn the power on it cuts off with the red light flashing. After research, it looks as if it has the ylod. Is that true and how can I fix it myself? Looks like I have to heat the motherboard to resolder itself. What is the best method of performing this operation?
You sure it isn't an HDD issue? My old ps3 had that, where it would cut out, that was an HDD issue.
03-04-2015, 04:20 PM #3
_HURT_
Little One
Yes Stunz is correct!! I can recall having this same issue. Can you get it to go into recovery mode by pressing and holding power button?
Originally posted by Stunz View Post
You sure it isn't an HDD issue? My old ps3 had that, where it would cut out, that was an HDD issue.
03-04-2015, 04:25 PM #4
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by HURT
Yes Stunz is correct!! I can recall having this same issue. Can you get it to go into recovery mode by pressing and holding power button?
I don't think he can, I am pretty sure it'll freeze as soon as he selects an option in Recovery Mode, best thing I can recommend is replacing the HDD and giving it another go.
03-04-2015, 04:46 PM #5
"""the ps3 cut off. Now every time I turn the power on it cuts off with the red light flashing."""

more than likely it needs reflow to gpu, also u should be able to take the harddrive out and it will still turn on and stay on, even if harddrive is bad the ps3 will still power on
03-04-2015, 06:11 PM #6
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
It happens when I still have the flasher connected. I am still in the downgrade process. It was working before I started the flashing process. I had to full around a good bit to get the chip in properly then I finally was able to update the flasher. It was after that when I was going to perform the dump and that's when the ps3 kept cutting off. After several attempts and allowing the ps3 to cool down I disconnected the flasher from it and is still powering down. I am thinking something may have overheated and may need to reflow the motherboard. I have seen several ways of doing this. Which is the best method of conducting this process cheaply?
03-04-2015, 06:49 PM #7
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by driller2k View Post
It happens when I still have the flasher connected. I am still in the downgrade process. It was working before I started the flashing process. I had to full around a good bit to get the chip in properly then I finally was able to update the flasher. It was after that when I was going to perform the dump and that's when the ps3 kept cutting off. After several attempts and allowing the ps3 to cool down I disconnected the flasher from it and is still powering down. I am thinking something may have overheated and may need to reflow the motherboard. I have seen several ways of doing this. Which is the best method of conducting this process cheaply?

Right... When the ps3 cut off did the fan speed up and carry on speeding up until it cut off?
03-04-2015, 11:45 PM #8
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
It did if it was plugged in
03-04-2015, 11:52 PM #9
Leftt
Little One
Are you using a phat? Those get YLOD easier.. than slims...
03-05-2015, 12:27 AM #10
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Yes it is a fat ps3. Best method to reflow it cheaply?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo