03-05-2015, 06:25 AM #1
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What is the best yet cheapest method to reflow my ps3. And what are the best items/materials to use?
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM #2
Originally posted by driller2k View Post
What is the best yet cheapest method to reflow my ps3. And what are the best items/materials to use?
Heat Gun
03-05-2015, 01:34 PM #3
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by EpixModding View Post
Heat Gun

For how long and the whole mother board or just the two big chips? Also, would the oven method be better, safer, and last much longer?
03-05-2015, 05:55 PM #4
For how long and the whole mother board or just the two big chips? Also, would the oven method be better, safer, and last much longer?

Put a baking dish upside down over a small hob at medium heat (3/6) and place two planks of wood on the dish, rest your motherboard on the planks so under the two metal squares are over the heat, after 10 minutes use the heat gun for around a minute an a half around the two metal plates, then apply your thermal compound (arctic silver 5) and spread evenly, apply a glob on the other tray with two plates and don't spread, fit the two plates together and put the ps3 back together, job should be done Smile
03-05-2015, 07:54 PM #5
DIRTY SMASHER
Treasure hunter

Try one of these & don't forget to take out your bios battery

You must login or register to view this content.

03-05-2015, 08:36 PM #6
i would avoid at all costs the heatgun method. i would recommend oven baking as i have done many of these and they last for years after.

as far as materials go. thermal paste. use any, don't fall for the expensive stuff, cheap stuff is good. you can reuse it with a drop of white spirit, will melt the old dry thermal paste and make it usable again and doesn't suffer any conductivity loss - tested. not that you are going to reuse it, just proving a point.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo