04-02-2015, 10:09 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My ps3 turns off after pressing the power button to turn it on. What do I do?
04-02-2015, 02:55 PM #2
iHaxel
We're no strangers to love
Originally posted by groxqa View Post
My ps3 turns off after pressing the power button to turn it on. What do I do?

Does it shows any lights flashing after turning on? You probably got YLOD/RLOD.

The following user thanked iHaxel for this useful post:

Stunz
04-02-2015, 03:39 PM #3
Stunz
Former Staff
My ps3 turns off after pressing the power button to turn it on. What do I do?
I'm thinking the same as iHaxel, you are going to need to explain more about the lights, so forth.
04-03-2015, 01:40 AM #4
Originally posted by Stunz View Post
I'm thinking the same as iHaxel, you are going to need to explain more about the lights, so forth.

The red light is on when it is off. When I press the power button to turn it on, it beeps then turns off. No other lights show.
04-03-2015, 02:20 AM #5
Stunz
Former Staff
The red light is on when it is off. When I press the power button to turn it on, it beeps then turns off. No other lights show.
No yellow lights? I'm not an expert with PS3 Hardware but I am thinking it's either an HDD issue or a power issue buddy.
04-03-2015, 04:00 AM #6
iHaxel
We're no strangers to love

You probably got the Red Light of Death. Did anything happened to your Playstation before this issue happened?
04-03-2015, 04:26 AM #7
Ok how do I replace the hdd? Do I just put another one in and then have to install 3.55 before newer cfw?
04-03-2015, 04:42 AM #8
Ok how do I replace the hdd? Do I just put another one in and then have to install 3.55 before newer cfw?

Okay, right below the power button it should say "Blue Ray" "HDMI" etc. (Specs) Swipe that off toward the right. It should come clean off. From there you will see the HDD. I broke my HDD's handle so don't ask me how to get it out Happy TBH any laptop HDD will do, but buy a PS3-Intended one just in case!
04-03-2015, 06:37 AM #9
Originally posted by TheShyCrew View Post
Okay, right below the power button it should say "Blue Ray" "HDMI" etc. (Specs) Swipe that off toward the right. It should come clean off. From there you will see the HDD. I broke my HDD's handle so don't ask me how to get it out Happy TBH any laptop HDD will do, but buy a PS3-Intended one just in case!

Yep what about the firmware? Do I have to install 3.55 again then back up to 4.65 rex and how?
04-03-2015, 09:52 PM #10
Yep what about the firmware? Do I have to install 3.55 again then back up to 4.65 rex and how?

Download Habib's 3.55 DOWNGRADER (Or ROGERO's I used ROGERO's but people like Habib's) Then go to any 3.55 CFW (Going straight to anything higher gave me an error, but it only took 3-5 minutes to do it so I don't mind. I used KEAMW or something) then go to any CEX Based firmware then go to REX, and if you want DEX.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo