06-28-2015, 03:17 PM #1
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sup guys, i bought a used PS3 from gamestop in April and warranty for $150. I get the PS3 Slim and go home and try replacing the original drive with my old one from my old PS3 but my old drive wont fit/go all the way down so i just stuck with the original drive. So i try playing a game but it doesnt read the disc and makes the ejection noise but nothing happens. So i tilt the ps3 vertically and it works. I've been doing that the past 2 months and just recently things been going downhill. So as normally, i tilt the ps3 and inject my game. Sometimes, it still doesnt read the disc. And when it does, it FREEZES when im at the multiplayer menu ( black ops 1 ) and just loads and freezes in a cycle. So then i click eject but then the ps3 does 3 beeps and restarts. Then it says all the file corruption crap and it still wont make a difference whether i click Yes or No. Then i go on my account and sign in and inject the disc while PS3 is still vertically tilted. It takes a good 40 minutes if im lucky for the multiplayer menu to actually load and work fine. I tried other games such as Advanced Warfare, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Gran Turismo 5, and Black Ops 2. Those games work 90% fine when ps3 is vertically tilted and rarely freezes. It just seems to be my favorite game black ops 1 to be getting the worst of it. Before i go to gamestop and have them fix/replace it with my warranty, is there any easy solution to my problem?
PS- i did the restore system and still doesnt work. And i did the process where i hold the power button and it should beep once then twice then three times, but it actually never got past beeping more than 2 times.
06-28-2015, 07:26 PM #2
Platisfied
I am error
If It Wont Read Discs, Maybe Cause Your Blu Ray Has Alot Of Dust Idk Thats How i Got Mine Fixed i Opened It Up And Cleaned The Blu Ray Lens With Alcohol

The following 3 users say thank you to Platisfied for this useful post:

Iaaron94, lachine59, xpeteMufc97
06-28-2015, 07:31 PM #3
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?
Yeah try cleaning out the disc drive and remove any dust. Also canned air is a good thing to use to get dust out of the ps3, that's what i used and now mine is just like i bought it

The following 4 users say thank you to Tristen for this useful post:

Iaaron94, lachine59, Sunshine//Adam, xpeteMufc97
06-29-2015, 01:05 AM #4
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
Have you also tried cleaning your discs? If your other games work most of the time and that disc takes ages to load it could be damaged or dirty, so cleaning it may fix it Smile
06-29-2015, 01:44 PM #5
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
Originally posted by Juzzy View Post
Have you also tried cleaning your discs? If your other games work most of the time and that disc takes ages to load it could be damaged or dirty, so cleaning it may fix it Smile

Yea i did that was the first thing i did
06-29-2015, 05:08 PM #6
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by Whiiteboys7thst View Post
Yea i did that was the first thing i did

You're going to have to buy a new blu ray drive that fits by the sounds of it.
07-02-2015, 09:09 AM #7
Chris
Former Staff
Blu Ray drive is messed up dude. Must be an old console.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo