04-21-2016, 02:25 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i have been looking into some anti dos protection and i came across proxy servers. i found one in my local region and am now on that proxy, does this mean my ip will be hidden from anyone trying to boot me offline or is it not that simple? slighty confused.

Thanks Smile
04-21-2016, 02:28 PM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by niftiestchicken View Post
So i have been looking into some anti dos protection and i came across proxy servers. i found one in my local region and am now on that proxy, does this mean my ip will be hidden from anyone trying to boot me offline or is it not that simple? slighty confused.

Thanks Smile

It needs to be running through your ps3.
04-21-2016, 02:32 PM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post
It needs to be running through your ps3.

I went in to my network settings and selected manual proxy and input the ip and port of the proxy, is that what you mean?
04-21-2016, 02:39 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
I went in to my network settings and selected manual proxy and input the ip and port of the proxy, is that what you mean?

I was referring to any vpn..

Not sure on your setup but Im assuming you have it only setup for your computers.

It needs to be running through your ps3 or else that is an open door to your ip.
04-21-2016, 02:45 PM #5
Originally posted by Dro View Post
I was referring to any vpn..

Not sure on your setup but Im assuming you have it only setup for your computers.

It needs to be running through your ps3 or else that is an open door to your ip.

I dont have it on any of my computers, ONLY ps3. to clarify: i went on my ps3's internet settings and there i assigned a proxy, my pc is not on the proxy.
04-21-2016, 03:07 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
So i have been looking into some anti dos protection and i came across proxy servers. i found one in my local region and am now on that proxy, does this mean my ip will be hidden from anyone trying to boot me offline or is it not that simple? slighty confused.

Thanks Smile

Thread moved to PS3 Questions and Support.
04-21-2016, 03:13 PM #7
Juan
Climbing up the ladder
This cost money but runs through your PS3 You must login or register to view this content.

Proxy :p
04-21-2016, 03:17 PM #8
Dro
i<3myPs3
I dont have it on any of my computers, ONLY ps3. to clarify: i went on my ps3's internet settings and there i assigned a proxy, my pc is not on the proxy.

I don't believe it works as a vpn, but I could be wrong..
04-21-2016, 11:12 PM #9
Xplaya
Maggbot timeout!
Im with what Dro Says...

Dont think its as easy as inserting a proxy IP.

But then agen you say you put one in you can still get online?
04-22-2016, 12:36 AM #10
Originally posted by Xplaya View Post
Im with what Dro Says...

Dont think its as easy as inserting a proxy IP.

But then agen you say you put one in you can still get online?

Yeah i can still sign in, the only thing that doesn't work is Webman for mounting games etc, but i can just use multi man instead. I found these: You must login or register to view this content. and i am currently using the top one. So your saying this doesn't work? I really don't want to have to pay if possible.

Ps. going away today until sunday will see replies then

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo