07-25-2016, 02:14 PM #1
KillerStrafe
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is there a way to rebuild the database without going into safe mode because everytime i try to go into safe mode the "System software cannot be run correctly" message comes up even after several reinstallations of the software.*
07-25-2016, 03:38 PM #2
KillerStrafe
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by EYE
Nope, it needs to be within Safe Mode, there is no way of getting to rebuilding the database, have you attempted to re-install CFW?

Yeah many times, infact just yesterday i replaced my hdd and had to reinstall the cfw for that but it still wouldnt let me into safe mode. :/
07-26-2016, 10:05 PM #3
You on DEX? It's a common problem if you've switched to DEX or toggled QA...
08-06-2016, 08:25 AM #4
Klots
COD Recovery
Toggle QA through REBUG toolbox, and you should be able to access the recovery mode.
08-12-2016, 11:49 AM #5
Originally posted by KillerStrafe View Post
Is there a way to rebuild the database without going into safe mode because everytime i try to go into safe mode the "System software cannot be run correctly" message comes up even after several reinstallations of the software.*

Hello KillerStrafe,

Why yes there is:

===== Rebuild Database without Recovery Menu =====

The rebuild process itself isn't done in recovery mode. There is no need for this to have set the console into recovery mode. This means no steps required to turn it off and hold for the beeps.
Because it can be done via MMS modules by VSH anytime, you also do not need to set any EPROM flags or anything. To instantly begin database rebuild process create the following file:

/dev_hdd0/mms/db.err

This file must contain following 4 bytes:

00 00 03 E9

Reboot the Level2-LPAR/console and you should've come to a message telling you to rebuild the database.

Information was obtain from psdevwiki which you can find the source You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks,
-Josh
08-22-2016, 05:00 AM #6
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Klots View Post
Toggle QA through REBUG toolbox, and you should be able to access the recovery mode.

Unfortunately, that's only for reinstalling CFW. Doesn't bring up real full safe mode screen.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo