09-01-2016, 12:05 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So basically I have a YLOD, I replaced the thermal paste with Arctic MX-4 and whenever I go ingame I can last 10 minutes but if it's BO2 only 10 seconds then my PS3 turns off with 3 beeps and flashing red light.
09-01-2016, 12:59 AM #2
Chop
NGU'S 2nd Cutest Member
Originally posted by Quacked View Post
So basically I have a YLOD, I replaced the thermal paste with Arctic MX-4 and whenever I go ingame I can last 10 minutes but if it's BO2 only 10 seconds then my PS3 turns off with 3 beeps and flashing red light.

either you did not place the right amount of artic paste or put the screws in to tight lol, because your ps3 is overheating thats what happened to me on GTA
09-01-2016, 01:07 AM #3
Originally posted by Chop View Post
either you did not place the right amount of artic paste or put the screws in to tight lol, because your ps3 is overheating thats what happened to me on GTA

I put a good amount of paste on and what screws would mainly cause this problem?
09-01-2016, 01:07 AM #4
.EXE
Hurah!
So basically I have a YLOD, I replaced the thermal paste with Arctic MX-4 and whenever I go ingame I can last 10 minutes but if it's BO2 only 10 seconds then my PS3 turns off with 3 beeps and flashing red light.

Is it a Phat if so then maybe clean the dust out if so just buy a slim you got a better chance that lasting than a Phat
09-01-2016, 01:17 AM #5
Python
Bebe Snek

You might have used too much thermal paste
09-01-2016, 01:21 AM #6
Originally posted by Python View Post
You might have used too much thermal paste

I put just the right amount on
09-01-2016, 01:42 AM #7
Python
Bebe Snek
I put just the right amount on

Can you check your fan speeds?? Usually when the fans goes over 80 your ps3 will cut off
09-01-2016, 01:44 AM #8
Originally posted by Chop View Post

Can you check your fan speeds?? Usually when the fans goes over 80 your ps3 will cut off

Hey I opened my PS3 and the motherboard is hot.
09-01-2016, 11:42 AM #9
Python
Bebe Snek
Hey I opened my PS3 and the motherboard is hot.

Make sure the console has good air flow. If it keeps overheating then you can try doing the case mod. You drill holes in the top of your case so you get better air flow and such. (I can link a youtube video)
09-01-2016, 01:04 PM #10
Make sure the console has good air flow. If it keeps overheating then you can try doing the case mod. You drill holes in the top of your case so you get better air flow and such. (I can link a youtube video)

I might try that in a bit but I noticed that if I go to a game offline I can stay on forever but if I go online it will turn off...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo