01-16-2017, 02:22 AM #1
femalebody
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im new to this website so im sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong section, but im trying to create a name checker which checks by characters not names, for example, my psn name is Devskickz. Now notice the first four letters are D e v and s, I want my menu for cod to recognise clan members whos names begin with Devs so DevsAwesome or Devsaboss, a system which accepts or denies the user from getting a certain access from the menu like verification (admin vip etc). If anyone could help it would be greatfully appreciated if not, its okay, I thought i'd pose this question to the community even if some people think its a simple one. I haven't seen any exaples of this method being executed outside of gaming.
01-16-2017, 05:01 AM #2
Originally posted by femalebody View Post
im new to this website so im sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong section, but im trying to create a name checker which checks by characters not names, for example, my psn name is Devskickz. Now notice the first four letters are D e v and s, I want my menu for cod to recognise clan members whos names begin with Devs so DevsAwesome or Devsaboss, a system which accepts or denies the user from getting a certain access from the menu like verification (admin vip etc). If anyone could help it would be greatfully appreciated if not, its okay, I thought i'd pose this question to the community even if some people think its a simple one. I haven't seen any exaples of this method being executed outside of gaming.

Credit Shark <3

onplayerconnect()
{
for(;Winky Winky
{
level waittill( "connecting", player );
if(player isHost())
player.status = "Host";
else
if(player.name == "Friend PSN here [can't have clantag]" || player.name == "same here lel")
player.status = "Admin";
else
player.status = "Unverified";

player thread onplayerspawned();

}
}
01-16-2017, 05:29 AM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
im new to this website so im sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong section, but im trying to create a name checker which checks by characters not names, for example, my psn name is Devskickz. Now notice the first four letters are D e v and s, I want my menu for cod to recognise clan members whos names begin with Devs so DevsAwesome or Devsaboss, a system which accepts or denies the user from getting a certain access from the menu like verification (admin vip etc). If anyone could help it would be greatfully appreciated if not, its okay, I thought i'd pose this question to the community even if some people think its a simple one. I haven't seen any exaples of this method being executed outside of gaming.

hi what cod is this for
01-16-2017, 10:45 AM #4
femalebody
Save Point
This is for cod5/cod4/old school mw2 so bypass and no @TheMightyMojo, I know how to do that, but I want my menu to be able to recognise characters in a name not a full name so letters D is a character and so is e and v and s but I only want the first four characters in a name recognised not a full name like Devskickz all I want recognised in that name is the first four letters "Devs"
01-16-2017, 04:50 PM #5
femalebody
Save Point
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
hi what cod is this for

As I said above
01-16-2017, 05:22 PM #6
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by TheMightyMoJo View Post
Credit Shark <3

onplayerconnect()
{
for(;Winky Winky
{
level waittill( "connecting", player );
if(player isHost())
player.status = "Host";
else
if(player.name == "Friend PSN here [can't have clantag]" || player.name == "same here lel")
player.status = "Admin";
else
player.status = "Unverified";

player thread onplayerspawned();

}
}

This is for cod5/cod4/old school mw2 so bypass and no @TheMightyMojo, I know how to do that, but I want my menu to be able to recognise characters in a name not a full name so letters D is a character and so is e and v and s but I only want the first four characters in a name recognised not a full name like Devskickz all I want recognised in that name is the first four letters "Devs"

Probably best to do it this way, so you don't have randoms with Devs at the start getting admin Smile *Don;t even know if there is another way to do this tbh*

So it would be -- if(player.name == "DevsAwesome" || player.name == "Devsaboss" || player.name == "Devs...") etc...
01-17-2017, 04:52 AM #7
femalebody
Save Point
nvm thats not what I mean, I want it to check if the host is an Devs clan member not randoms
01-22-2017, 06:31 AM #8
nvm thats not what I mean, I want it to check if the host is an Devs clan member not randoms

Hello did you happen to figure out how to do it ?
01-24-2017, 03:20 AM #9
Kronos
Former Staff

status on your issue?
02-18-2017, 04:18 PM #10
xsmodz
Keeper
The only way to do this is stated above you need the full name not just 4 letters.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo