02-23-2017, 01:26 AM #1
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Friends, I came here to ask for help ...
I have a PS3 Slim and I always played it using my Samsung TV ...
The time passed and I got the ps4 and new and bigger tv (Sony) but at least once a month I connected my PS3 on the same old tv to play ...
It turns out that at the end of last year I decided to download the* netflix app on the PS3 to watch on this TV because it was more comfortable .... I noticed
that the screen started to blink but I thought it was just something wrong with the HDMI cable ...
I removed the cable, put it back again and then the image on the screen was fine ......
Later that night I the problem persisted ... I decided to take the HDMI cable of
the Xbox 360 and tested with it ... Problem solved ... Some weeks later , I was playing Soul Calibur 5, the signal* started to disappear from time to time ... I changed the HDMI cable and nothing ... I decided to change the HDMI port of the
TV and the cable too, and the image returned ....
That was last year, and everything was fine until this week, when the signal disappeared for good ....
So i got more cables to test with it, changed the HDMI port of the TV several times etc ...
But this time nothing happened .... NO SIGNAL for good.

I* then tested the PS3 on another TV (Phillips) with the cable I was using on it ... Nothing ...
I changed the cable on this other TV and behold, it was working again ...
I needed to leave home, so I turned off the TV for a while and left the PS3 on downloading a game ...
When I came back I turned on the TV and everything was okay, but after a while the image started to flash, with drizzles on the screen, something
that had never happened on the other TV ...
I went into the settings and unselected the last option of 1080 (I think* that's1080p) and like magic, the screen went normal.
I played for two hours straight. No problems.
Today, with other cables, I reconnected it on the old TV (SAMSUNG) in which it always was set up and nothing.
*I made the reset by holding the power button with all the cables that I have , changing the HDMI ports on the TV. NO SIGNAL!
I went back to another TV and when I turned it on, I heard the starup sound but no image at all ... As I had reseted the image on the other TV, I
did that too on this TV, then the image appeared, but soon it started to blink, so I went to settings, displasy and unchecked the last option of 1080 and once more I could play it without problems..

PS: I used the Raspberry Pi on* my Samsung TV where the PS3 was set up and it worked without any problems or blinks...
Sorry for the long text but I tried to detail the whole problem to know if
someone has already gone through this and if a solution has been found .
Also, sorry for any mistake, english isn't my main language.
02-23-2017, 02:17 AM #2
Had this problem my ps3 fall of a second floor, i turn it on then i saw the tv flickering i disconnected it and all but it when i disconnected it, it never showed in the tv or any tv. I believe your ps3 is overheating or the hdmi port is broken on your ps3 also i will like to add when i had my first jb on 2014 my ps3 was an old model cech-1001a i believe and it overheated like hell sometimes i played for 1 hour and it freeze with a flickering screen and i gave up and took those 2 ps3 and sold the cid and bought a super slim now i have 6 ps3 working fine i throughout the other 2 that wasn't worth though

The following user thanked TheLanceGamer for this useful post:

enishi17
02-24-2017, 12:17 AM #3
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
It never really happenned such a thing with my PS3 but I'm starting to think that maybe I should open it to clean inside because it's starting to get really hot sometimes when I play...
But, here's an update:
Today I hooked up the PS3 on my Sony TV and it worked just fine.
Played it for hours and not a single flick on the screen.
Then I decided to change the display settings to 720p and go back to my Samsung TV....
IT WORKED!
But this is driving me crazy now, if I change it to 1080p or 1080i, bye bye...
I'm guessing isn't my TV fault.
02-24-2017, 02:35 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by enishi17 View Post
Friends, I came here to ask for help ...
I have a PS3 Slim and I always played it using my Samsung TV ...
The time passed and I got the ps4 and new and bigger tv (Sony) but at least once a month I connected my PS3 on the same old tv to play ...
It turns out that at the end of last year I decided to download the* netflix app on the PS3 to watch on this TV because it was more comfortable .... I noticed
that the screen started to blink but I thought it was just something wrong with the HDMI cable ...
I removed the cable, put it back again and then the image on the screen was fine ......
Later that night I the problem persisted ... I decided to take the HDMI cable of
the Xbox 360 and tested with it ... Problem solved ... Some weeks later , I was playing Soul Calibur 5, the signal* started to disappear from time to time ... I changed the HDMI cable and nothing ... I decided to change the HDMI port of the
TV and the cable too, and the image returned ....
That was last year, and everything was fine until this week, when the signal disappeared for good ....
So i got more cables to test with it, changed the HDMI port of the TV several times etc ...
But this time nothing happened .... NO SIGNAL for good.

I* then tested the PS3 on another TV (Phillips) with the cable I was using on it ... Nothing ...
I changed the cable on this other TV and behold, it was working again ...
I needed to leave home, so I turned off the TV for a while and left the PS3 on downloading a game ...
When I came back I turned on the TV and everything was okay, but after a while the image started to flash, with drizzles on the screen, something
that had never happened on the other TV ...
I went into the settings and unselected the last option of 1080 (I think* that's1080p) and like magic, the screen went normal.
I played for two hours straight. No problems.
Today, with other cables, I reconnected it on the old TV (SAMSUNG) in which it always was set up and nothing.
*I made the reset by holding the power button with all the cables that I have , changing the HDMI ports on the TV. NO SIGNAL!
I went back to another TV and when I turned it on, I heard the starup sound but no image at all ... As I had reseted the image on the other TV, I
did that too on this TV, then the image appeared, but soon it started to blink, so I went to settings, displasy and unchecked the last option of 1080 and once more I could play it without problems..

PS: I used the Raspberry Pi on* my Samsung TV where the PS3 was set up and it worked without any problems or blinks...
Sorry for the long text but I tried to detail the whole problem to know if
someone has already gone through this and if a solution has been found .
Also, sorry for any mistake, english isn't my main language.

Originally posted by LoveMyJockel
Did you did the easiest trick?
If you start your PS3 you hold the Power Button. 1 Beep while Starting and you wait for the second Beep. After the second Beep you don't press the Button.
After that will the Graphic Setting resetted. Thats a Fix for the Most Graphic Failures. HammyHammy

Please remember to quote the user so get a notification from you sir.

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

enishi17
02-24-2017, 11:23 PM #5
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by LoveMyJockel
Did you did the easiest trick?
If you start your PS3 you hold the Power Button. 1 Beep while Starting and you wait for the second Beep. After the second Beep you don't press the Button.
After that will the Graphic Setting resetted. Thats a Fix for the Most Graphic Failures. HammyHammy

Yeah, I did this, no results at all
02-25-2017, 11:48 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by enishi17 View Post
It never really happenned such a thing with my PS3 but I'm starting to think that maybe I should open it to clean inside because it's starting to get really hot sometimes when I play...
But, here's an update:
Today I hooked up the PS3 on my Sony TV and it worked just fine.
Played it for hours and not a single flick on the screen.
Then I decided to change the display settings to 720p and go back to my Samsung TV....
IT WORKED!
But this is driving me crazy now, if I change it to 1080p or 1080i, bye bye...
I'm guessing isn't my TV fault.

I think you are answering your own questions..

if 720p is the only thing that works, then your tv(s) probably do not support 1080p or 1080i..

especially if you can still hear the sound, i would think that means the sound options are correct and the cable is probably working just fine (assuming youre running sound through hdmi)..

but...it could be early glod..could be a bad cable..damaged or loose ports..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo