04-23-2017, 01:27 AM #1
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); REPOST AND AN UPDATE (I DON'T KNOW WHY THE ORIGINAL THREAD WAS CLOSED)

Friends, I came here to ask for help ...
I have a PS3 Slim and I always played it using my Samsung TV ...
The time passed and I got the ps4 and new and bigger tv (Sony) but at
least once a month I connected my PS3 on the same old tv to play ...
It turns out that at the end of last year I decided to download the
netflix app on the PS3 to watch on this TV because it was more
comfortable .... I noticed
that the screen started to blink but I thought it was just something wrong with the HDMI cable ...
I removed the cable, put it back again and then the image on the screen was fine ......
Later that night I the problem persisted ... I decided to take the HDMI cable from
my Xbox 360 and tested with the PS3 ... Problem solved ... Some weeks later ,
I was playing Soul Calibur 5, the signal* started to disappear from
time to time ... I changed the HDMI cable and nothing ... I decided to
change the HDMI port of the
TV and the cable too, and the image returned ....
That was last year, and everything was fine until this week, when the signal disappeared for good ....
So I've got more cables to test with it, changed the HDMI port of the TV several times etc ...
But this time nothing happened .... NO SIGNAL for good.

Then I tested the PS3 on another TV (Phillips) with the cable I was using on it ... Nothing ...
I changed the cable on this other TV and behold, it was working again ...
I needed to leave home, so I turned off the TV for a while and left the PS3 on, downloading a game ...
When I came back I turned on the TV and everything was okay, but after a
while the image started to flash, with drizzles on the screen,
something that had never happened on the other TV ...
I went into the settings and unselected the last option of 1080 (I think* that's1080p) and like magic, the screen went normal.
I played for two hours straight. No problems.
Today, with other cables, I reconnected it on the old TV (SAMSUNG) in which it always was set up and nothing.
*I made the reset by holding the power button with all the cables that I have , changing the HDMI ports on the TV. NO SIGNAL!
I went back to another TV and when I turned it on, I heard the starup
sound but no image at all ... As I had reseted the image on the other
TV, I* did that too on this TV, then the image appeared, but soon it started to
blink, so I went to settings, displasy and unchecked the last option of
1080 and once more I could play it without problems..

PS: I used the Raspberry Pi and my Xbox360 on my Samsung TV where the PS3 was set up and they worked without any problems or blinks...
Sorry for the long text but I tried to detail the whole problem to know if
someone has already gone through this and if a solution has been found .
Also, sorry for any mistake, english isn't my main language.

__________________UPDATE____________________

So I kind of gave up of playing the PS3 on my TV (Samsung) and started to play it on the Philips one were it only worked in 720p.
After one week, the signal started to blink and drazzels on this TV too and then NO SIGNAL.
So after 2 TVs went "dark" I decided to take my PS3 to an reppair shop.
The guy there told me that he saw some PS3 with this problem but normally they would return to work in a different HDMI port or TV...
He then turned my PS3 using his TV (also a Samsung) and it was working just fine... Five minutes after it started to blink and then NO SIGNAL.
He them changed the HDMI port and it showed up again....
I left the PS3 there and he told me that he would open it, clean it up, change the thermal paste and redo the weld on the HDMI chip...
One week later I went to the store and he told me that he did everything and the PS3 was working just fine.
He then turned it on at the same HDMI port that was showing NO SIGNAL before and it was working.
But, when I arrived home and hook up it on my TV, no luck...NOTHING on any HDMI port or HDMI setup (480, 720, 1080).
I then returned to the Philips TV and it was working with all settings, cables and ports...
Well, that was last week, because today I turned it on again on the same Phillips TV and 1080p/1080i and 720p wasn't working anymore (well 720p was blinking as hell)
Now I only can see it in 480p....

I really don't know what to do...
04-25-2017, 10:08 PM #2
Originally posted by enishi17 View Post
REPOST AND AN UPDATE (I DON'T KNOW WHY THE ORIGINAL THREAD WAS CLOSED)

Friends, I came here to ask for help ...
I have a PS3 Slim and I always played it using my Samsung TV ...
The time passed and I got the ps4 and new and bigger tv (Sony) but at
least once a month I connected my PS3 on the same old tv to play ...
It turns out that at the end of last year I decided to download the
netflix app on the PS3 to watch on this TV because it was more
comfortable .... I noticed
that the screen started to blink but I thought it was just something wrong with the HDMI cable ...
I removed the cable, put it back again and then the image on the screen was fine ......
Later that night I the problem persisted ... I decided to take the HDMI cable from
my Xbox 360 and tested with the PS3 ... Problem solved ... Some weeks later ,
I was playing Soul Calibur 5, the signal* started to disappear from
time to time ... I changed the HDMI cable and nothing ... I decided to
change the HDMI port of the
TV and the cable too, and the image returned ....
That was last year, and everything was fine until this week, when the signal disappeared for good ....
So I've got more cables to test with it, changed the HDMI port of the TV several times etc ...
But this time nothing happened .... NO SIGNAL for good.

Then I tested the PS3 on another TV (Phillips) with the cable I was using on it ... Nothing ...
I changed the cable on this other TV and behold, it was working again ...
I needed to leave home, so I turned off the TV for a while and left the PS3 on, downloading a game ...
When I came back I turned on the TV and everything was okay, but after a
while the image started to flash, with drizzles on the screen,
something that had never happened on the other TV ...
I went into the settings and unselected the last option of 1080 (I think* that's1080p) and like magic, the screen went normal.
I played for two hours straight. No problems.
Today, with other cables, I reconnected it on the old TV (SAMSUNG) in which it always was set up and nothing.
*I made the reset by holding the power button with all the cables that I have , changing the HDMI ports on the TV. NO SIGNAL!
I went back to another TV and when I turned it on, I heard the starup
sound but no image at all ... As I had reseted the image on the other
TV, I* did that too on this TV, then the image appeared, but soon it started to
blink, so I went to settings, displasy and unchecked the last option of
1080 and once more I could play it without problems..

PS: I used the Raspberry Pi and my Xbox360 on my Samsung TV where the PS3 was set up and they worked without any problems or blinks...
Sorry for the long text but I tried to detail the whole problem to know if
someone has already gone through this and if a solution has been found .
Also, sorry for any mistake, english isn't my main language.

__________________UPDATE____________________

So I kind of gave up of playing the PS3 on my TV (Samsung) and started to play it on the Philips one were it only worked in 720p.
After one week, the signal started to blink and drazzels on this TV too and then NO SIGNAL.
So after 2 TVs went "dark" I decided to take my PS3 to an reppair shop.
The guy there told me that he saw some PS3 with this problem but normally they would return to work in a different HDMI port or TV...
He then turned my PS3 using his TV (also a Samsung) and it was working just fine... Five minutes after it started to blink and then NO SIGNAL.
He them changed the HDMI port and it showed up again....
I left the PS3 there and he told me that he would open it, clean it up, change the thermal paste and redo the weld on the HDMI chip...
One week later I went to the store and he told me that he did everything and the PS3 was working just fine.
He then turned it on at the same HDMI port that was showing NO SIGNAL before and it was working.
But, when I arrived home and hook up it on my TV, no luck...NOTHING on any HDMI port or HDMI setup (480, 720, 1080).
I then returned to the Philips TV and it was working with all settings, cables and ports...
Well, that was last week, because today I turned it on again on the same Phillips TV and 1080p/1080i and 720p wasn't working anymore (well 720p was blinking as hell)
Now I only can see it in 480p....

I really don't know what to do...

Do you have it set on your ps3 under settings to the resolution of the HDMI?
04-26-2017, 12:22 AM #3
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by TheMightyMoJo View Post
Do you have it set on your ps3 under settings to the resolution of the HDMI?

Yes :(
04-27-2017, 04:42 PM #4
xSins
Bounty hunter
Yes :(

did you try a different HDMI?
04-29-2017, 11:54 PM #5
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
Yes, I did.
04-29-2017, 11:56 PM #6
enishi17
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by DehzifyCFW View Post
did you try a different HDMI?

yes I did
04-30-2017, 12:27 AM #7
xSins
Bounty hunter
yes I did

have you tried holding your power button so it turns off then hold it again and let it beep once so it refreshes the PS3's resolution? if not, try that and it will says an available hdmi source has been found and click yes. Also, do you run CFW?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo