Post: PS3 not appearing on screen after resetting video settings
05-04-2017, 02:08 AM #1
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I have a fat PS3 and when I hook it up to my computer's monitor via HDMI, nothing shows up on the screen. I've done the video reset countless times, and it I'm able to see the yes/no option when it says if I want to use HDMI, after I press yes it goes black. When I go to my other TV, I do the same thing and my PS3 works there but I'd rather not use it there.. The HDMI cable I use is new, and the monitor is new as well idk why it won't work.. Anyone have any suggestions?

My PS4 works absolutely fine, the monitor has two HDMI ports and I've tried both but the PS3 doesn't seem to want to work lmao. But my PS3 slim that's jailbroken works on this monitor.. Idk why this fat ps3 works on the other TV and not this monitor..

Turned off Deep Color Output on my other TV and brought it back to this monitor and it still won't work

Edit: now this is weird, I used another HDMI cable and now it works.. But idk why the first HDMI works with my JB ps3 and my ps4, but not this ps3..
Last edited by Ace Hood ; 05-04-2017 at 02:38 AM.
05-04-2017, 03:03 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Ace
Hi, I have a fat PS3 and when I hook it up to my computer's monitor via HDMI, nothing shows up on the screen. I've done the video reset countless times, and it I'm able to see the yes/no option when it says if I want to use HDMI, after I press yes it goes black. When I go to my other TV, I do the same thing and my PS3 works there but I'd rather not use it there.. The HDMI cable I use is new, and the monitor is new as well idk why it won't work.. Anyone have any suggestions?

My PS4 works absolutely fine, the monitor has two HDMI ports and I've tried both but the PS3 doesn't seem to want to work lmao. But my PS3 slim that's jailbroken works on this monitor.. Idk why this fat ps3 works on the other TV and not this monitor..

Turned off Deep Color Output on my other TV and brought it back to this monitor and it still won't work

Edit: now this is weird, I used another HDMI cable and now it works.. But idk why the first HDMI works with my JB ps3 and my ps4, but not this ps3..

Go on the tv that it works on,go through video settings setup and change hdmi settings to 1080i or lower, not 1080p or whatever the highest is. Then try on the other tv
05-04-2017, 03:18 AM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Ace
Hi, I have a fat PS3 and when I hook it up to my computer's monitor via HDMI, nothing shows up on the screen. I've done the video reset countless times, and it I'm able to see the yes/no option when it says if I want to use HDMI, after I press yes it goes black. When I go to my other TV, I do the same thing and my PS3 works there but I'd rather not use it there.. The HDMI cable I use is new, and the monitor is new as well idk why it won't work.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe your TV is on a higher 1080p? and your console is running on 720p so it can't find it. Rebuild Database, and then auto sync your settings so it can find your output settings.
05-04-2017, 06:38 AM #4
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
Thanks for the replies, I tried both methods earlier before switching HDMI cables. It's weird that only that ps3 had an issue with it.
05-04-2017, 08:24 AM #5
Sparrow
Big Papi
Originally posted by Ace

Strange how it displays to ask you whether you want to use HDMI but then goes blank again...

Try to blindly change the HDMI settings to disable 1080p after you've selected 'yes' to use HDMI Sal

• Turn on the PS3
  • Press the PS button on controller
  • All the way up (to the top of the Games menu)
  • All the way left
  • 1 step right (to the Settings menu)
  • All the way down (bottom of the Settings menu)
  • 4 steps up (Display Settings)
  • X (select Display Settings)
  • X (select Video Output Settings)
  • 2 step's up (1 step up Component / D-Terminal output. 2 steps up for HDMI, no steps for Composite / S Video, 1 step down for AV MULTI / SCART)
  • X (select connector type)
  • X (confirm connector change)
  • 1 step left
  • X (confirm that it works)
  • All down (select 1080p. Back up one for 1080i, up two for 720p, three for 576p)
  • X (select the desired resolution)
  • 1 step right (move to next screen – all going well, the screen should be working from this point)
  • 1 step left
  • X (to confirm that it works)
06-15-2017, 03:05 AM #6
Access safe mode menu. YouTube has videos to show you how. Accessing this menu opens video output options.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo