06-02-2017, 10:50 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi

I have 2 PS3, One with working blu ray, the other not working bluray

So, I put the working blu ray in the broken PS3 bluray but when I put a disc It spin and work normally but the game won't shows!

I read that I have to replace the MB inside the bluray and I did, but still not working. It take the disc and cant spin it, and I can eject it normally..

so what do you think guys?

Is it possible to fix it by E3 and use some of the DEX tools? since the ps3 is cech 21xxx

The two ps3 are slims
06-03-2017, 07:01 AM #2
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by 99 View Post
Hi

I have 2 PS3, One with working blu ray, the other not working bluray

So, I put the working blu ray in the broken PS3 bluray but when I put a disc It spin and work normally but the game won't shows!

I read that I have to replace the MB inside the bluray and I did, but still not working. It take the disc and cant spin it, and I can eject it normally..

so what do you think guys?

Is it possible to fix it by E3 and use some of the DEX tools? since the ps3 is cech 21xxx

The two ps3 are slims

slims dont have logic boards in their disc drives, so wondering what you replaced..?

The disc drive must come from a compatible model..
As long as the ribbons line up, it should be compatible..

Does this new disc drive work in the previous ps3?
Have you made sure that you have properly installed the cables/ribbons?
You might also check the ribbon(s) for damage
Last edited by Dro ; 06-03-2017 at 07:03 AM.

The following user thanked Dro for this useful post:

asm-99
06-04-2017, 05:21 PM #3
Originally posted by Dro View Post
slims dont have logic boards in their disc drives, so wondering what you replaced..?

The disc drive must come from a compatible model..
As long as the ribbons line up, it should be compatible..

Does this new disc drive work in the previous ps3? yes
Have you made sure that you have properly installed the cables/ribbons? 3 different cables
You might also check the ribbon(s) for damage

You must login or register to view this content.
This is the mb inside the bluray

so its only have to be the same model? no need for data code? Are you sure it will work if it's same model? or I need to check something else?

The following user thanked asm-99 for this useful post:

Dro
06-04-2017, 05:38 PM #4
Dro
i<3myPs3
You must login or register to view this content.
This is the mb inside the bluray

so its only have to be the same model? no need for data code? Are you sure it will work if it's same model? or I need to check something else?

oh ok i guess the earlier slims do have one..

ok next question.
Has the ps3 with the broken disc drive ever played a game before, while you have owned it? In other words, what are the chances that the current logic board is not the original?

I would put the disc drives back to how they were, and then try just changing the laser assembly. If it still doesn't work, I would assume the ps3 with the broken disc drive does not have it's original logic board, or is damaged or not properly installed..

Also, just to be clear, the logic board that you want to keep is the one to the broken ps3, not the one from the new disc drive.
Last edited by Dro ; 06-04-2017 at 05:41 PM.

asm-99
06-04-2017, 06:42 PM #5
Originally posted by Dro View Post
oh ok i guess the earlier slims do have one..

ok next question.
Has the ps3 with the broken disc drive ever played a game before, while you have owned it? yup In other words, what are the chances that the current logic board is not the original? orignal

I would put the disc drives back to how they were, and then try just changing the laser assembly. If it still doesn't work, I would assume the ps3 with the broken disc drive does not have it's original logic board, or is damaged or not properly installed..

Also, just to be clear, the logic board that you want to keep is the one to the broken ps3, not the one from the new disc drive. yeah thats what I tried

if the logic board is damaged, what can I do?any way to check it?
06-05-2017, 12:07 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3

it is a little unlikely that it would just break..

I can't think of a way to check it, it's more like check everything else before assuming it's that, which is what you've done. If cables/ribbons check out and the broken ps3 still has it's original logic board, there really is not much more to it (assuming the laser or actual assembly is not damaged - You can check this by seeing if it will play a dvd/cd).

You could try to install your new disc drive and boot the ps3 into recovery mode, then select options "restore file system" and/or "restore default settings" and hope for the best.

Otherwise, you could look into remarrying a new logic board/disc drive to the ps3, although,personally I don't recommend it. The information about all of that is very limited and outdated and you can brick your ps3..I don't know much about it but I have bricked one of my ps3s trying it a long time ago lol.
or
You could always just jailbreak it and go NObd (if its a model that can be jailbroken of course)...

I hope you figure it out..good luck
Last edited by Dro ; 06-05-2017 at 05:51 PM.

asm-99
06-06-2017, 08:35 AM #7
Hydrogen
Super Mod

Wondering if Dro has answered your question with that lengthy post haha?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo