06-22-2017, 03:38 AM #1
Nekri
Gobble
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, im having a problem that ive tried to avoid for a couple years now. So long story short....my ps3 was dusty as all hell couple years ago, i opened it up nd cleaned it all out but im an idiot because the connector to the motherboard from the fan wires broke off because the tut i was watching on youtube just said to pull it out....and well yeah.... so i got a replacement fan from lowes a big one but it finally broke down on me a few months ago. i dont want to get another because it was really noise and i know it'll just break on me again in time.

My question is....does anyone know of any replacement fans or better ones perhaps for the ps3? i have a slim model. also last the fan i bought was working, the ps3 would freeze on start up and didnt even say it was over heating just before it finally stopped working on me....so if theres something to fix that id really appreciate to know.

Well thats my story for now, any links even would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!
06-22-2017, 03:43 AM #2
MR.MCGOO
Gym leader
have you tried applying fresh thermal paste? as far as fans id check ebay. i seen ones on there for 10-15 bucks. some even have leds in them. quite a few are compatible with the slim.
06-23-2017, 08:10 PM #3
Zsantaclaws
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Nekri View Post
Hey guys, im having a problem that ive tried to avoid for a couple years now. So long story short....my ps3 was dusty as all hell couple years ago, i opened it up nd cleaned it all out but im an idiot because the connector to the motherboard from the fan wires broke off because the tut i was watching on youtube just said to pull it out....and well yeah.... so i got a replacement fan from lowes a big one but it finally broke down on me a few months ago. i dont want to get another because it was really noise and i know it'll just break on me again in time.

My question is....does anyone know of any replacement fans or better ones perhaps for the ps3? i have a slim model. also last the fan i bought was working, the ps3 would freeze on start up and didnt even say it was over heating just before it finally stopped working on me....so if theres something to fix that id really appreciate to know.

Well thats my story for now, any links even would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

If ps3 stops working on start thats Overheating So I would recommend 2 things.

1. Buy a New fan with the same ps3 modelyou can find that on ebay.
2. Reball your ps3 so you fix the overheating problem

For me I fixed the ps3 problem heating by Installing a watercooling unit on it. That pretty much fixed my ps3 overheating problem at all times.
But you will need to pay too much for watercooling on a ps3 if you want its link Tell me ill send it over.
07-03-2017, 07:22 PM #4
iDon
I’m too L33T
What I did was spliced the where'd in the fan and cut a USB cord and spliced it with the fan worried and just connected it to an outlet and bam. Problem solved

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo