Post: Error 8002f2c4 when starting ps3. Help me please! :(((
07-19-2017, 11:04 PM #1
Perigo
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, I'm Brazilian so do not call if my English is bad.

Let's go, I have a problem with my ps3 that when I start it, a message appears telling me to upgrade the system to firmware 3.55 or later, but when I install ANY cfw or ofw none works and error 8002f2c4 appears, saying that the Files are corrupted but are not, what can I do?

Note: I can not access xmb because I can not get into ps3 until I make this update.
07-20-2017, 02:11 PM #2
what firmware were your running beforehand; O.F.W or C.F.W? And if you were running CFW, what firmware were you running? CEX or DEX? Be more specific when asking a question to get the right response. What caused this to happen? Did you just turn it on and see this or did you do something to your system to make this happen?
07-20-2017, 02:14 PM #3
If you give me some more information, I'll walk you through the fixing process.
07-20-2017, 06:05 PM #4
Perigo
Keeper
So my friend, I was in CFW Rogero 3.55 v3.7 and my ps3 is CEX
07-20-2017, 06:32 PM #5
Perigo
Keeper
Something i forgot to mention. on rogero downgrader i had changed my psid and cid.

I think this may be the error, but how can I change psid and cid without accessing xmb?
07-20-2017, 11:28 PM #6
Originally posted by Perigo View Post
Hello everyone, I'm Brazilian so do not call if my English is bad.

Let's go, I have a problem with my ps3 that when I start it, a message appears telling me to upgrade the system to firmware 3.55 or later, but when I install ANY cfw or ofw none works and error 8002f2c4 appears, saying that the Files are corrupted but are not, what can I do?

Note: I can not access xmb because I can not get into ps3 until I make this update.

Iv had that so many times (not the error) basically i used the 999 downgrader on You must login or register to view this content. then used the 4.80.1 D-Rex

Well i can install straight 4.80 D-Rex but at first i wasnt able too if need more help let me know
Last edited by SoloHoster ; 07-20-2017 at 11:32 PM.
07-21-2017, 12:18 AM #7
Perigo
Keeper
Hello friend, I tried the two, but unfortunately none worked.

Downgrader 999 continued with the same error, and 4.80 D-REX said that no update files were found :(
07-21-2017, 04:55 AM #8
After you downgraded with 999 Rogero downgrader, did you install and run the homebrew, "toggle.qa.pkg"? (this is to enable you to install another FW)
You should of installed toggle.qa with package manager. Then click on the package and your ps3 will beep and restart. Once restarted, navigate to Network Settings, and press all at the same time: L1,L2,L3,R1,R2, + down on the d-pad. You should get 3 new options under Network settings. If you cannot get your ps3 to toggle, click on the homebrew and repeat the step. It has to toggle.
That means qa flag has been enabled. (this checks that the flag is enabled).
Try going into safe mode on your ps3 and reinstalling your 999 Rogero downgrader. All downgraders should be installed in Safe Mode and Firmwares installed on the XMB.
Make sure you have a working Disk Drive or your going to be stuck where your at until you do. You cannot toggle.qa with a non-working BD-Drive. Message back to see if your good to go.
Last edited by tferrenburg ; 07-21-2017 at 04:58 AM.
07-21-2017, 08:38 AM #9
Perigo
Keeper
So I tried to do this downgrade, but I could not, the same error happens :(
07-21-2017, 04:29 PM #10
Try restoring file system, then try rebuilding database. install 999 downgrader again in safe mode. If that doesn't work, reformat your system, then try downgrading again in safe mode. You have to fix your corrupt update. I troubleshooted with a friends ps3 about a month ago and when we reformatted his ps3, we were able to re-install the update. Gotta fix it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo