08-19-2017, 01:26 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); can i take a cpu off a super slim or a slim and put it on a ps3 phat. i decided to change the thermal paste and glue under heat spreader, and f$#@ i broke the chip. i got 3 other ps3, reason I want this one back cause its jailbroken. or should i just remove the nor chip off ps3 phat and put it on my slim or superslim, so can i swap either cpu or the nor chip to try save ps3.

so i broke the chip snapped the corner off the cpu so do i have any options for saving ps3 or is parts for my other ps3 phat.

id like to add my cpu ihs plate didn't have the opening. it was a full box which really fked me up, i watched like 100 videos and not one had a full a full box under ihs plate they all had a little space to start not mine. the other plate came off so easy i got so cocky and over confident i fked up cpu help save my girl please
Last edited by Weed420Modz ; 08-20-2017 at 08:46 PM.
08-20-2017, 12:08 AM #2
bradh79
Bounty hunter
Just find another one thats jailbroken or buy a flasher and flash ya own would be a lot easier

The following user thanked bradh79 for this useful post:

Dro
08-20-2017, 08:43 PM #3
Originally posted by bradh79 View Post
Just find another one thats jailbroken or buy a flasher and flash ya own would be a lot easier

I have three other consoles and two are jailbreak able and i have a e3 flasher on the way, i still want that console it was a beast i bought off eBay over 3 years ago it was my first ps3 been through a lot if i can save her please direct me to something anything, id like to add i get the cpu off eBay and the tin plates for rebelling a chip id still need to locate something to hold the chip, look if there is a way or ways to save her please help i love her and want her back someone knows how to save my girl please help
08-20-2017, 08:48 PM #4
Help please she is on life support and i love her what are my options
08-27-2017, 08:42 PM #5
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Weed420Modz View Post
can i take a cpu off a super slim or a slim and put it on a ps3 phat. i decided to change the thermal paste and glue under heat spreader, and f$#@ i broke the chip. i got 3 other ps3, reason I want this one back cause its jailbroken. or should i just remove the nor chip off ps3 phat and put it on my slim or superslim, so can i swap either cpu or the nor chip to try save ps3.

so i broke the chip snapped the corner off the cpu so do i have any options for saving ps3 or is parts for my other ps3 phat.

id like to add my cpu ihs plate didn't have the opening. it was a full box which really fked me up, i watched like 100 videos and not one had a full a full box under ihs plate they all had a little space to start not mine. the other plate came off so easy i got so cocky and over confident i fked up cpu help save my girl please

If I recall correctly someone asked a similar question years ago. Your only options are to toss the entire board or find someone selling a board that works. I'm not a 100% sure but I believe you'll have to swap the cell, nor, and syscon since they're all three linked from what I remember reading. Sorry, pal but there isn't much you can do.
09-19-2017, 04:55 AM #6
MR.MCGOO
Gym leader
super slims suck :/ lol
11-11-2017, 08:44 PM #7
tjcbar
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Weed420Modz View Post
can i take a cpu off a super slim or a slim and put it on a ps3 phat. i decided to change the thermal paste and glue under heat spreader, and f$#@ i broke the chip. i got 3 other ps3, reason I want this one back cause its jailbroken. or should i just remove the nor chip off ps3 phat and put it on my slim or superslim, so can i swap either cpu or the nor chip to try save ps3.

sorry to hear about this, i broke about 2 in my lifetime, the thing is, the cpu chip from your slim or super slim cant work on the fat, even if it could, the procedure alone would cost more than a jailbreak.sorry dude

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo