09-06-2017, 03:01 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My PS3 had/has an issue where it turns of shortly after booting up, and I've accepted that it's probably broken beyond what I can help.

I am trying to figure out my best and cheapest path to get into PS3 modding.*

I see 2 options but want advice on which one would be a better idea:
*- Pay the $79.99 fee Sony asks for and have them fix my PS3, then buy a flasher and put the CFW on my playstation.
*- Buy a $160 playstation on amazon labeled as "3.55" but take the chance that it won't actually be. ( a lot of reviews people say it doesn't come with 3.55)

My system model # is CECH-2501A if anybody is wondering.
09-06-2017, 06:33 AM #2
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager
Originally posted by OneEyeModz View Post
My PS3 had/has an issue where it turns of shortly after booting up, and I've accepted that it's probably broken beyond what I can help.

*- Pay the $79.99 fee Sony asks for and have them fix my PS3, then buy a flasher and put the CFW on my playstation.
*- Buy a $160 playstation on amazon labeled as "3.55" but take the chance that it won't actually be. ( a lot of reviews people say it doesn't come with 3.55)

the model you have can be jailbreaked
09-06-2017, 07:28 AM #3
Originally posted by OneEyeModz View Post
My PS3 had/has an issue where it turns of shortly after booting up, and I've accepted that it's probably broken beyond what I can help.

I mean, I went with getting a 3.55 OFW on ebay.
10-09-2017, 05:48 AM #4
I remembered breaking my PS3 3 years ago in the process of downgrading it and the only way to fix was if I had flash files from the PS3 ( it has to be the ps3 that is bricked not from some random ps3) but luckily I had the files which I got it from 3 Flasher as it's in the process to downgrade that you need flash files and I soldered some wire at the back of the board to make turn on but turn off straight after and from that point I used the flash file that I got it before and installed it back with e3 flasher. I am not lying. When my console brick I shat myself as a 13-year old that was a big investment I did. a dude at GameStop gave 50 dollars of the ps3 because I wanted it soo much. and I thought I lost everything.

If you have a flash of your ps3 you might fix it if not the best way to go is to try sony. As long as they don't know you have jailbroken your console they might help you because I am pretty sure they won't help people console if it is jailbroken. But why not buy an already jailbroken console from eBay. And buy from eBay and use Paypal because even if they scam you, you can get your money back.
10-09-2017, 08:50 AM #5
smw74
Do a barrel roll!
Try Craiglist, that how I got mines jail broken for 60 dollars. Just dropped my console off for 3 hours done. A lot of people in my city run jailbreak services.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo