11-26-2010, 12:09 AM #1
clizzzzz
Blunt Master Jew Slicer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); recently have been doing some probing while looking at my Jailbroken PS3 via Filezilla. I Stumbled upon "Dev_Flash/Data/Fonts" and thought it would be cool to change to a custom font. Upon further research I Learned it was possible. I would need the Jailbreak, FTP, USB, and a Program called JaiCrab's USM Firm Loader. Well I got em. I followed this tutorial:

Well, if you have a Jailbroken PS3 running v3.41 and you have the FTP server installed, you can now copy the contents of /dev_flash the good stuff that makes up your PS3 firmware, install it on a USB stick, and REBOOT into your new firmware after of course you have make the changes you wish to do for your PS3 console.

This is the FIRST big major step towards having our own PS3 “custom firmware”. — Now with this little “devil” program released, PS3 developers with the knowledge of what to change, and test out various options paving the way for a release. OtherOS support anyone?

Originally Posted by Google Translator
This program allows to simulate the dev_flash from USB. Allowing a Custom Firmware. We may modify the files of our new dev_flash (USB) as we please, without running the risk of throwing away the PS3. It is a beta version, probably find bugs. I will continue working on it when time permits me. Remember that suffers no risk to the console. All that is changed the new dev_flash’ll be doing really USB.

Requirements:
1: Syscall PEEK and POKE. <— PSGroove v1.1

Installation:
1: Copy the “FTP server” the entire contents of the / dev_flash the USB (the root).
2: Copy the JaiC_USB_FIRM_LOADER.pkg also the root of the USB.
3: Install the package.

Use:
1: Insert the USB into the PS3.
2: Run USB LOADER FIRM.
3: After a few seconds will return to the XMB.
4: The new firmare is loaded.

^^ The only Problem is when I get to step Three, the PS3 asks me to insert contoller via USB and then to restart system. Once restarted, the firmware is not running from USB.

Long story short. I need help. Now that I have started this I must finish it LOL.. so please shed some insight and knowledge on my long-post leavin's ass! Thanks!

additional info: I'm using TI84 SE Plus with Hermes v4B as Stage 1 Payload

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo