This query has come up a number of times, instead of members explaining each time, thought it would be handier having this thread.
How to get trophies and/or Plats on a 2nd / friends / customer account:
- Start the process on a dummy account - on your PS3 you can create a new account, no need to assign name, details or anything like that just now.
- Work on the game you intend selling/trading until you have reached the Plat or the intended trophies
- Contact the person you are working with, explain the agreed trophies/Plats are now finished and ask for account details - email & password
- Once you have the account details of the end recipient you sync the trophies to their account - all trophies earned while using the dummy account will now sync to the account of the recipient.
- Notify the end user that you've finished and request that they sync their account for clarification
- Please Note: Trophies earned on your main account or account that has already sync'd cannot transfer to another account. Once a trophy is earned on a live account it will stay on that account and cannot transfer.
This means you have to start a new game from the start (or from an agreed section) each time you intend on supplying trophies.
- Please only sync on someones account when you are 100% finished, whether its one trophy or 98, if you sync after doing 10% of the work, when the end user checks their trophy status it will always read as 10% (unless they do a compare trophies with a friend they will get to see the actual amount). Sony has fixed this problem so now you can see actual progress whenever a sync occurs.
- It is possible you may have to do a Double Sync, if you are working with someone who has already achieved trophies on an account you will have to sync to get their progress (lets say they have 35%), however once you load the game and take a quick look at their trophy progress it will show 0%, this is because the game is new to your console, run another quick sync and you will see the 35% again.
- Make sure to check here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] it will show how many users are linked to your account, be sure to check this before giving out account details, this way you will have an idea if someone downloaded content from your PSN account.
- Also please checkout the excellent thread by D-Rock1 & Shadymathers regarding Trading etiquette - we're all part of the same community, lets help one another: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The introduction of Cloud for PSN+ users has also made completing games, trophies, Plats significantly easier:
- The Account holder - must have PSN+ you can upload your game savefiles to the Online Storage (Cloud) by accessing the XMB, going into Saved Data Utility, click triangle button to upload a particular savefile - this will store a savefile on the PS3 servers.
- Suppliers can login into an account, download the savefile, continue where the Account Owner had saved and complete agreed objectives, game points, trophies or Plat.
- It should be noted the Supplier must download the savefile from the Online Storage (Cloud) to console. Once the service is complete the now altered savefile should be saved back to Cloud and the End user notified, this enables the End User (Account Owner) to play the game from a new save point.
- The 24hour load only applies to certain games i.e. current locked saves like K2, SFIV, Heavy Rain etc
For normal games you can load and play.
- Also worth noting this has impact on EU/US/Asia savefiles, so games like K3 can only be done with same disc code.
If you are considering a trophy trade - please check this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thank you for reading.