Post: Ps3 4.83 firmware update!!! Becareful if you are in cfw.
10-11-2018, 02:20 AM #1
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

as usual stay away from it, till the devs knows whats with this Update... and for the coresponding CFW update release from rebug and the others devs.

Update:
Current Status for 4.83 ​
VIA @bguerville (PS3Xploit Team)

RECOMMENDATION FROM PS3XPLOIT TEAM:
FOR THE MOMENT, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.83 UNLESS YOU HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE UP USING HAN PERMANENTLY ON THE CONSOLE.​

After a look at the update files & preliminary tests, I am afraid I am bearing some bad news for HAN users playing online.

1. It would appear that s@ny patched one of the 2 webkit exploits we currently use to trigger ROP chains.
It means that we need to replace this exploit in order to get any ps3xploit tool working on 4.83. Work is already under way, obviously no ETA at this stage. Please don't ask.

2. The kernel is completely untouched. No changes to either lv1 or lv2 which means CFWs will be easier to make. That's also good news for devs with any promising kernel vulnerability under investigation.

3. Changes were made to vsh as usual & they seem extensive enough to suspect that they may have patched the HAN vulnerability as well. We have not yet had time to look into the matter at all but if they did, HAN might be gone for good past 4.82, leaving only CFW2OFW conversions installable & runnable on 4.83 whenever the patched webkit exploit gets replaced.

In conclusion, the changes brought by the 4.83 update mean that anyone updating will lose usage of HAN, and possibly permanently until a kernel exploit comes out. Cfw2ofw conversions will be the only installed games that will still be working after updating.

The nature of this update is upsetting our 4.0 release plans somewhat. It's still very early stages in our investigations & there are still many unanswered questions for the moment. I will keep you all posted whenever I have additional information to share.
Last edited by aeneax ; 03-24-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: removing News prefix as 4.84 OFW & CFW's are out
10-11-2018, 03:46 AM #2
iDEXModzYT
At least I can fight
Just got the notification about this update lol i had to update my regular ps3 super slim
10-11-2018, 06:34 AM #3
Mr8000
Keeper
probably a silly question, but can i go online or should i wait for a sen enabler update ? on rebug 4.8.2 swapped to dex

The following user thanked Mr8000 for this useful post:

Yolo Brahs !
10-11-2018, 07:06 AM #4
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by Mr8000 View Post
probably a silly question, but can i go online or should i wait for a sen enabler update ? on rebug 4.8.2 swapped to dex

Im online right now along with alot of other modders. If you're on DEX then you can sign in without spoofing to 4.83.

The following user thanked Like for this useful post:

Mr8000
10-11-2018, 08:07 AM #5
I am on DEX as well and im online with no problems

The following user thanked Wyatt L. for this useful post:

Mr8000
10-11-2018, 11:17 PM #6
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
Current Status for 4.83 ​
VIA @bguerville (PS3Xploit Team)

RECOMMENDATION FROM PS3XPLOIT TEAM:
FOR THE MOMENT, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.83 UNLESS YOU HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE UP USING HAN PERMANENTLY ON THE CONSOLE.​

After a look at the update files & preliminary tests, I am afraid I am bearing some bad news for HAN users playing online.

1. It would appear that s@ny patched one of the 2 webkit exploits we currently use to trigger ROP chains.
It means that we need to replace this exploit in order to get any ps3xploit tool working on 4.83. Work is already under way, obviously no ETA at this stage. Please don't ask.

2. The kernel is completely untouched. No changes to either lv1 or lv2 which means CFWs will be easier to make. That's also good news for devs with any promising kernel vulnerability under investigation.

3. Changes were made to vsh as usual & they seem extensive enough to suspect that they may have patched the HAN vulnerability as well. We have not yet had time to look into the matter at all but if they did, HAN might be gone for good past 4.82, leaving only CFW2OFW conversions installable & runnable on 4.83 whenever the patched webkit exploit gets replaced.

In conclusion, the changes brought by the 4.83 update mean that anyone updating will lose usage of HAN, and possibly permanently until a kernel exploit comes out. Cfw2ofw conversions will be the only installed games that will still be working after updating.

The nature of this update is upsetting our 4.0 release plans somewhat. It's still very early stages in our investigations & there are still many unanswered questions for the moment. I will keep you all posted whenever I have additional information to share.
10-14-2018, 04:02 AM #7
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
I haven't updated to 4.83 , but I get "You have been signed out of PSN" everytime I attempt to sign in when SEN is enabled, and when SEN is disabled I get "You have to update" message...
10-15-2018, 02:02 PM #8
SolidSRK
Little One
It's 2018 get on DEX
01-03-2019, 03:16 AM #9
So I'm on 4.82.2.....I can get online and sign in no worries but now when I run the game on the HDD or disc the game stops and comes straight back to the XMB... even tried deleting the bles_install folder and re installing the game nothing is working but can still get online...I've tried with both dex and cex as I'm on the d-Rex version both allow me to sign in but game won't boot....anyone??
01-03-2019, 03:43 AM #10
Ok so solved that problem got game to boot now the loading bar is gone and is stuck on infinite loading screen wtf

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo