03-12-2011, 01:11 AM #1
Kush Friendly
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright guys, I found this method worked perfectly for me during online matches, so I thought I would share. Many fights online consist of your opponent throwing a few jabs and retrieving. That cycle repeats almost every round, mixed in few a few hooks and uppercuts. I personally can't stand playing people like that. I like to brawl, it's more fun, but these people are so concerned about their Win/Loss ratio. In term, they play too technical.

My method is perfect, at least for me. It plays on the patience and frustration of the opponent. It's basically a mind fukc. I'm certain this could be done with any fighter, though I've only tested it on the heavyweight division.

Steps to counter that method:

1] When the fight starts, go to a corner.

2] When the opponent approaches, just block and counter punch. Swaying from side to side to avoid punches gives you a good opening too.

3] The second your opponents punches land is the perfect moment to throw a punch back. If you hold R2, and you land clean, it's most likely to stun them.

4] Repeat this process, just stay in a corner and have the opponent come to you, then counter punch.

What not to do:

- Don't button smash, your fighter's stamina will reduce dramatically, and your block won't be effective.

- Don't get in a brawl with the opponent, that also will reduce your stamina.

I know this seems really simple, and surprisingly retarded, but it does work. It's effective because this gives your opponent no other choice but to come to you, and with good timing, you can land some clean power punches, eventually getting you a K.O. or a T.K.O. Most people I play don't back out because it ruins their DNF percentage, so this method works perfectly for me. Before I did this, I use to just chase the opponent around the ring and try and land punches, and that was annoying and exhausting. So, if you guys have trouble with people that play too technical/textbook, then try this out :y:

The following user thanked 420 for this useful post:

Kameo
03-14-2011, 05:25 AM #2
Kameo
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by MR.
Alright guys, I found this method worked perfectly for me during online matches, so I thought I would share. Many fights online consist of your opponent throwing a few jabs and retrieving. That cycle repeats almost every round, mixed in few a few hooks and uppercuts. I personally can't stand playing people like that. I like to brawl, it's more fun, but these people are so concerned about their Win/Loss ratio. In term, they play too technical.

My method is perfect, at least for me. It plays on the patience and frustration of the opponent. It's basically a mind fukc. I'm certain this could be done with any fighter, though I've only tested it on the heavyweight division.

Steps to counter that method:

1] When the fight starts, go to a corner.

2] When the opponent approaches, just block and counter punch. Swaying from side to side to avoid punches gives you a good opening too.

3] The second your opponents punches land is the perfect moment to throw a punch back. If you hold R2, and you land clean, it's most likely to stun them.

4] Repeat this process, just stay in a corner and have the opponent come to you, then counter punch.

What not to do:

- Don't button smash, your fighter's stamina will reduce dramatically, and your block won't be effective.

- Don't get in a brawl with the opponent, that also will reduce your stamina.

I know this seems really simple, and surprisingly retarded, but it does work. It's effective because this gives your opponent no other choice but to come to you, and with good timing, you can land some clean power punches, eventually getting you a K.O. or a T.K.O. Most people I play don't back out because it ruins their DNF percentage, so this method works perfectly for me. Before I did this, I use to just chase the opponent around the ring and try and land punches, and that was annoying and exhausting. So, if you guys have trouble with people that play too technical/textbook, then try this out :y:

I like staying behind my jab im not going to lie but il give this method a try. Let me know if you wana play online
03-14-2011, 05:32 AM #3
Kush Friendly
Originally posted by Kameo View Post
I like staying behind my jab im not going to lie but il give this method a try. Let me know if you wana play online

I hate playing people that jab and run away. It's not fun.

add me, psn: d-boy_iins0mniac
03-14-2011, 05:37 AM #4
Kameo
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by MR.
I hate playing people that jab and run away. It's not fun.

add me, psn: d-boy_iins0mniac

Il stand and bang with you tried to add it said not valid my psn is Want_To_Know
03-14-2011, 05:39 AM #5
Kush Friendly
Originally posted by Kameo View Post
Il stand and bang with you tried to add it said not valid my psn is Want_To_Know

oh shit..

PSN: d-b0y_iins0mniac

Add me, I'll get on later.
03-14-2011, 10:02 AM #6
well, the main strategy is to win, right? lol
03-14-2011, 10:45 AM #7
Kush Friendly
Originally posted by Swipper
well, the main strategy is to win, right? lol

That's not a strategy.. that's the objective. A strategy is a means of completing the objective.
03-14-2011, 11:19 AM #8
Originally posted by MR.
That's not a strategy.. that's the objective. A strategy is a means of completing the objective.

strategy: punch the other guy aloot.
objective: win Smile

lol Happy
03-14-2011, 11:21 AM #9
Nice man, Would be better if you had video . Good work bro.
03-14-2011, 11:37 AM #10
Kush Friendly
Originally posted by Starzeh View Post
Nice man, Would be better if you had video . Good work bro.

This is my own strategy, never seen it done before, and I don't have a PVR or Dazzle or anything, so I can't record.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo